Can anyone please help ?

Hello as you can see by my title am in need of help as am losing my mind 

so basically using WiFi on my Xbox one x I have a open nat with a ping of 40ms but once I connect Ethernet cable my Nat is not available with a ping of 160ms I thought dam my Ethernet must be to old/faulty so I bought a brand new one which is doing the same also my speeds are cut to half when using Ethernet 

My Set up 

virgin hub 3 in modem mode then Ethernet connection to my XR500 I’ve tried resetting everything severely times to no luck 

I’ve read on old posted clearing Xbox Mac might work I’ve tried it did not help 

1 hour ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

Dont use wifi for gaming, i believe the anti bufferbloat when active is suppose to cut your speeds when you set download and upload to 70%.

At this point I’ve no option am getting shredded on cod :( 

8 minutes ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

Can you tell me how you set up your router? Are you connected to a modem or a modem router?

8 minutes ago, Aspect of Wrath said:

Can you tell me how you set up your router? Are you connected to a modem or a modem router?

Connected to a virgin hub 3.0 which is in modem mode the from there Ethernet to XR500 

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have the wired Xbox setup in the Geo-Filter by chance or manually added to traffic prioritisation? If so disable those, does the issue continue?

I have wired in geo filter and traffic priority I’ll disable them now

58 minutes ago, Sunaikinti said:

Did you try a different port on the router? Upnp enabled? Also you can go in to the settings/wan and set nat filtering to open.

Upnp is enabled and not of the above work

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have the wired Xbox setup in the Geo-Filter by chance or manually added to traffic prioritisation? If so disable those, does the issue continue?

Tried the above still the same 

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ok I’ve got progress for some weird reason when I disable duma os classified games it works and ping drops to 35 but why would this be a problem maybe I cant have geo filter and duma os classified games on at the same time 

• Administrators

You see the ping when it's doing a speed test is that correct or just after? If so then it might be prioritizing the test which is why the ping is increased but you can absolutely have them both enabled, we recommend it. If that's the case it'll only affect that scenario and won't give you a worse gaming experience.

When you switch from wireless to wired did you delete the Xbox from the geo filter and add it again? Also did you try and manually add the Xbox to the qos and uncheck dumaos games? Are any ports opening under upnp? Or try a different port in the network settings of the xbox? Wireless and wired will have different Mac addresses. So you have to delete and add Xbox again in both geo and qos.

Ok everyone got sorted Fraser I thought it was the Duma os classified that was the problem but after further test I found out it has nothing to do with it :) I’ve tested this 4 or 5 times and it’s worked the problem is I have to have my geo filter turned off when turning on my Xbox as I’ve said above I tried having it off and on just to see what would happen ping shots to 160ms if I keep it on soo before I turn my Xbox on I turn geo filter off just to my Xbox boots up and once it’s powered up I can then turn on my geo filter and ping stays as low as 25ms 

• Administrators

Okay great so likely the Geo-Filter blocking a server, you don't need to do that though as the ping to that server is just for authentication like 'hey i'm online and have XBL' sort of thing. That high ping won't actually affect your gameplay but if you'd prefer doing it your way theres no harm in that!