Portwarding

Alix

Hi I have a open nat type and everything is working great thanks to you all giving me advice. There is port forwarding section on the r1 thinking of using it to optimize call of duty black ops 4 is it a good idea to put the ports in for call of duty black ops 4. Or not to bother as I have a open nat type. Also what is your thoughts on changing DNS server's as well

Edited by Alix

Well since you're already getting open NAT, port forwarding might not help, but it certainly couldn't hurt.

You could consider adding the same ports into the Traffic Prioritisation settings to make sure they get prioritised.

Changing DNS... The only reason i'd change your DNS is if your current DNS server is down frequently. I changed mine from my ISP's to Google's because I found it more reliable, but I don't think it will help your speeds much. DNS only affects your speeds when it comes to making an initial connection. If you're already made the connection before, your computer will remember the correct route and won't even need to talk to the DNS server.

Thanks for reply you said You could consider adding the same ports into the Traffic Prioritisation settings to make sure they get prioritised. Can you explain how to do this please 

Edited by Alix

Hi what do I input in these boxes where it says source port also what do I put for destination port as well just notice what protocol do I use please. Don't know if it helps I play call of duty thanks Screenshot_20190624_154334.thumb.jpg.a99fbc271e729d3e7b0e8d125c24b158.jpg

Edited by Alix

Hi just had a look at Web page you sent. Still a bit confused where source it's says start 1 do I leave it like that. But not sure what to put in the end section also the bottom one says destination start, end,. Can you do a mock set up on this matter for call of duty for me please would be much appreciated thanks

Sure no problem. The settings for CoDblops4 on PC would be as follows:

Source start: 3074 - Source end: 3074 - TCP

Source start: 27014 - Source end: 27050 - TCP

Source start: 3478 - Source end: 3478 - UDP

Source start: 4379 - Source end:  4380 - UDP

Source start: 27000 - Source end: 27031 - UDP

Source start: 27036 - Source end: 27036 - UDP

Destination start and end are always the same as their Source counterparts.

Thanks would this be the same for xbox one  also seems a lot of starts and ends there is only one start and one end at the top and at the bottom there is only one start and one end thanks 😊

Edited by Alix

Hi the first box I clicked xbox one the second picture I clicked advanced and not game console. The third one is how I setup up one of the ports for call of duty blacks ops 4. Can you look at the pictures and tell me if I have done this right please 

inCollage_20190625_165123262.jpg