Bridge mode for spectrum modem

Hello everyone, I really just need help placing my Spectrum modem in bridge mode? I’ve never done something like this before, but I’m very interested in getting the optimal performance out of my netduma. Below I’ve took pictures of how my ISP HUB look like. It’s a DOCSIS 3.1 Voice Modem. It came with a router. Do all I need to do is turn off the DCHP or the 2.4 GHZ and 5 GHZ WiFi and proceed to just hook up my Netduma after restarting everything? Because I’ve viewed the interface and it doesn’t have a bridge mode option directly so it must mean my bridge mode is a little different? Or could I unhook the router from my ISP and put the Netduma in its place in the modem instead and reset everything? If anyone could reach out to me I’d greatly appreciate it! 

24549077-A087-4A6C-92F1-D89BB2A25B95.jpeg

E124813A-FB84-43AB-A92B-1C64177C72F2.jpeg

8F6ECC71-276D-4A29-9392-39FDD9AABA29.jpeg

• Administrators
On 6/15/2019 at 12:52 PM, DumaArmyDion said:

Hey Big Dog! It’s a model E31T2V1 DOCSIS 3.1 eMTA it’s a router/voice combo modem

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just so I understand correctly, you said "the modem came with a router" and "could I unhook the router from my ISP and put the Netduma in its place in the modem" does this mean you have a completely separate modem (E31T2V1) and a completely separate router and then the R1 or do you mean the E3 is a modem/router and the R1 is connected to that?

Yes sir! I just wanted to put it in bridge mode and have my netduma be the only thing running through it? That router is the one that’s hooked up through the modem itself? Should I unhook that router and place the netduma in its place? Or would bridge mode be better?

• Administrators

Great thanks for clarifying. Yes remove the extra router and connect the R1 directly to the E31T2V1. Then I would check the interface for the E31T2V1 and try to put that in modem mode, bridge mode or the R1 WAN IP in it's DMZ (in order of preference). If using the DMZ option then disable the E31T2V1 WiFi also.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:24 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Great thanks for clarifying. Yes remove the extra router and connect the R1 directly to the E31T2V1. Then I would check the interface for the E31T2V1 and try to put that in modem mode, bridge mode or the R1 WAN IP in it's DMZ (in order of preference). If using the DMZ option then disable the E31T2V1 WiFi also.

Thanks Fraser! So after I connect the R1 to the modem, just restart everything and connect everything to the R1? I seen that you said more but I can’t fully read everything you said if that makes sense lol

• Administrators

Yes basically. Does the E31T2V1 have WiFi? If not then you don't need to do anything further on its interface. If it does then I would access the interface and see if it has a modem or bridge mode you can apply. 

On 6/15/2019 at 2:30 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes basically. Does the E31T2V1 have WiFi? If not then you don't need to do anything further on its interface. If it does then I would access the interface and see if it has a modem or bridge mode you can apply. 

Awesome! I have it up and running now. Thank you so much for the help Fraser! I just switched the other router out and put in the netduma and plugged everything into the r1 and everything is running accordingly 

• 9 months later...
On 6/15/2019 at 8:24 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I need help doing this plz

• Administrators
9 hours ago, BERNARDINO DE AGUAS said:

Hola , pero que rinde mas modo puente o configurar la DMZ??

Supongo que Bridge se recomendaría primero, pero no hay absolutamente nada de malo en usar DMZ, hace un trabajo igual de bueno.
-
I suppose bridge would be recommended first but there is absolutely nothing wrong with using the DMZ, it does just as good a job.

• Administrators

Busque el modelo de su Arris en línea y debería encontrar un tutorial o el manual donde puede buscar el modo puente.
-
Look up the model of your Arris online and you should find a tutorial or the manual where you can search for bridge mode.

• Administrators

No necesita hacer nada en el R1 después de aplicar el modo puente en el Arris. Debería tener una conexión inmediata, si no reinicia el R1.
-
You don't need to do anything on the R1 after applying bridge mode on the Arris. You should have a connection straight away, if not reboot the R1.

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators
35 minutes ago, got2be_G said:

Having the same issue I want to hook my Spectrum Modem to my R2 to my Spectrum Modem, I can't get any pings for Call of Duty Warzone all Ping Test Fail

I'll respond to your topic here: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33165-ping-failure/