slow speeds

Dizystyles

hi you asked me to open a new thread i hope this 1 is ok, so to recap my speeds using the netduma are lower even with blufferbloat disabled, it has always been lower and i gave up trying to solve this. after seeing that post about someone else having similars issues and he had uploaded a log which matched mine, i thought id try again to see if we can get to the bottom of this.

Screenshot_20190610-124603.png

Screenshot_20190610-124559.png

Screenshot_20190610-124536.png

Screenshot_20190610-124517.png

I dont mind, thanks for looking into this 🙃

The cpu keeps spiking to 90 i dont know why thou, geo and qos disabled and i have limited the apps on the dashboard to ram usage and flash thats it.

the ram looks fine.

Screenshot_20190613-223644.png

• Administrators

What speeds are you expecting and what speeds are you getting? 

Are the speed tests done via ethernet or WiFi? If WiFi can you do it via ethernet and let us know the results please.

Does the CPU spike to 90 when a speed test is done or just through general usage?

i only get 40mb download and 10 upload but with the netduma i get 30 download and 8 upload this is with ethernet btw as i know its more accurate. i know its only like 10mb difference but something's not right with it. when i first got the netduma i was on a 100mb connection with virgin media and it was the same on that by 25mb lower (also it was not on duma os when i was on virgin media, i waited months for duma os in hopes that would fix it lol) thats why i moved to a smaller connection in hopes that would solve the problem, it dint lol. as for the CPU it seems to spike when i ran a speed test to 75, after that its ok hoovering around 25 so i dont think theres anything wrong with the cpu

hope this helps 

thanks again

i haven't connected with pppoe because my modem only has pppoa or something cant remember exactly so i use modem mode same as before when i was on virgin. and the speed results have been the same across multiple devices

So it looks like it's only going about 25% as fast as it should be. In fact that seems oddly specific, i'm wondering if your modem or ISP router is doing some kind of bandwidth limitation or QoS.

EDIT: Yes I meant 25% less fast than it should be, whoops.

you mean 25% less than it should be and i agree with that but its not the isp who's limiting me as it did the same thing on a different provider when i first got the netduma. also i get the full speeds when i d/c the r1.

also i have factory restored the netduma many times.

when i first got the netduma i was amazed at its capabilities, my online experience was such an improvement but this only lasted a couple of months and i just seem can't seem to figure this out. as i said before i waited months for the duma os update but tbh i just think this r1 is doomed lol

What were your speeds direct to modem?

Some other things I did as well:

Make your bandwidth 1000/1000 in the settings. 

QOS off

Remove console from devices. 

Make sure ipv6 is off, as well as the vpn settings. I never set this but it kept turning on by default  

That said, my speed issues were way worse, as sometimes they’d be full but then they’d go low to the point I couldn’t load pages. 

1 minute ago, MikeTHIS said:

What were your speeds direct to router?

Some other things I did as well:

Make your bandwidth 1000/1000 in the settings. 

QOS off

Remove console from devices. 

Make sure ipv6 is off, as well as the vpn settings. 

That said, my speed issues were way worse, as sometimes they’d be full but then they’d go low to the point I couldn’t load pages. 

download it 40mb upload 10mb

i set the bandwidth levels higher and sometimes i got the correct speeds but it caused more problems so reverted back to what it should be.

i have tried the other settings you suggested and so many more i went round in circles for weeks and finally gave up. its only when i see a post on here from someone else that i thought id upload my errors and try again.

tbh like i said before i have lost confidence in the r1 and i generally think the r1 is doomed

my r1 is connected to my talk talk router/modem and it is connected in modem mode

i also spoke to talk talk about it on the off chance and they said it must be the r1 with the conflict as i get true speeds when i don't use it

previously i had a similar set up but it was with virgin media a different isp 

so i am confident it is not the isp

Could you screenshot your Network Settings > WAN > Network page?

Could you also screenshot your QoS page so I can check there's no weird settings?

Also pop open the side menu on the Bandwidth Allocation section and make sure share excess is enabled.

And one more thing! Make sure you're on the most recent firmware, which is 2.1.3.29

Sorry if this is a lot to do, but i'm trying to eliminate potential causes

20 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Well... That all looks normal. Maybe I need to get the devs to have a look at that log because your settings seem absolutely fine.

What about goodput?

Have you tried disabling this?

My other suggestion is to set static IP’s to your devices. 

so got an update,

i see a setting on wifi to stop broadcasting the wifi name and thought it would be a good idea so i ticked it, rebooted modem and my phone wouldn't connect to the netduma wifi ''BALLS''

so il have to log onto netduma via lan to turn broadcast back on, but it wouldn't let me log on using my set password ''DOUBLE BALLS''.

I guess ill have to factory restore so i can get back in and setup all my original settings and ports back to the way they was.

now i have factory restored many many times so i know how to do it, before you say did you hold the button till it bleeped i can confirm i did everything correctly but its just not working.

it will not factory restore i am locked out and don't know how to resolve this. Can you help me get this sorted, i am so fed up with this. sorry to be negative but again it just seems to be problem after problem 

thanks again and i look forward to hearing from you.