Connecting to Denied Servers

Hello Netduma Team, I have an issue. Sometimes I connect to Servers I denied on my Geo Filter. My marker is set in the middle of the ocean, I have strict mode on, and my ping assist is 20. Good job on all the hard work you guys put in 💪

Thanks for your support!

What router hardware are you using? What firmware version? Keep in mind that when you press DENY on a server, it takes a few minutes to kick in. This is because we are trying to avoid people using the feature to cheat in games!

6 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Thanks for your support!

What router hardware are you using? What firmware version? Keep in mind that when you press DENY on a server, it takes a few minutes to kick in. This is because we are trying to avoid people using the feature to cheat in games.

I'm using the R1 and my firmware is 2.1.3.29 

I'm aware of the anti cheating feature. When I join a lobby, the servers that I connect to are servers that I denied days, maybe weeks ago.

6 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

When you ping servers you're connected to, you can see an ID for that server. Are you being connected to servers with the same ID of a server that's already been blocked? Or is it just that the servers in-game appear to be the same, but have a unique ID in DumaOS?

Hello Fraser

Yes, It shows the name I gave it when I denied it previously.

I always force the New Jersey servers and when I deny them It looks like this "New Jersey 1D" "New Jersey 2D" New Jersey 3D" etc. I go up in numbers and the "D" means Deny.

We have tested on an R1 in the office and we found that the allow and deny functionality was working exactly as expected.

Could you please provide a screenshot or video recording of what happens on the netduma interface as you connect to apex legends?

Hey, I just did the tests again to make sure, and they worked. I thought i'd provide some screenshots just to confirm what i'm saying. The first one shows Allow working, and the second one shows Deny working.

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

10 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

We have tested on an R1 in the office and we found that the allow and deny functionality was working exactly as expected.

Could you please provide a screenshot or video recording of what happens on the netduma interface as you connect to apex legends?

This is very interesting.

I don't use the R1 for Apex Legends or any other game aside from BO4 on the PS4. I will try to provide more evidence to support my case.

10 hours ago, Netduma Alex said:

Hey, I just did the tests again to make sure, and they worked. I thought i'd provide some screenshots just to confirm what i'm saying. The first one shows Allow working, and the second one shows Deny working.

Screenshot (7).png

Screenshot (8).png

In the meantime, can you please explain to me these screenshots. 

Thank you for the fast replies!

Hey sorry for the delay, it was a bank holiday yesterday so I wasn't here!

--

On the first screenshot, I opened the game to ping the servers, and I chose a server in Brazil. I then pressed ALLOW, and closed the game.

Then I put my radius in the middle of the ocean and turned off ping assist so that everything would be blocked.

Now when I start the game, wait a minute, and then press ESC twice, allowing me to see the data centers, I can see that the only server that was pinged was the server in Brazil. Therefore ALLOW is working.

--

On the second screenshot, I closed the game, I changed the Brazil server from ALLOW to DENY, and I expanded the radius to cover the entire map.

Now when I start the game, wait a minute, and then press ESC twice, allowing me to see the data centers, I can see that the only server that was blocked was the server in Brazil. Therefore, DENY is working

--

Hope this makes sense!

• 4 weeks later...