Network Map not accurate

I have an access point connected via wire to an XR500. The XR500 handles DHCP, all devices are on the same subnet. The access point has approximately 25 devices connected via wireless and a few via wire. Almost none of the devices connected to the access point show as a device on the XR500. If they do show up at all they are tagged as offline when they are in fact online and in use. This makes it very difficult to manage devices properly.

Devices connected directly to the XR500 via wireless and wired seem to show up fine.

Please fix this.

12 minutes ago, jchaos said:

My access point has a static assignment from the XR500 via DHCP as 192.168.1.254

The XR500 has been rebooted several times.

what is your access point, is it another router in AP mode? What is the make and model? 254 is the last number in the dhcp table, change it to a lower ip address such as 192.168.1.87 or something (it is likely not the cause but to rule out a assignment issue) and restart your netduma and AP in sequence witha 2 min gap between.  Let us know if this resolves your issue or not.

I should note the Asus router is on the latest Merlin firmware.

The AP is visible on the network map connected to LAN and shows online.

I assigned the Asus 192.168.1.2 and rebooted the XR500 then the Asus. No change.

• Administrators

Which firmware are you on? You can quickly find out by clicking the 'i' in the top right corner

I assume it's the latest (ending in .40). If not, please upgrade to that. http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/XR500/XR500-V2.3.2.40.zip

Also, what type of devices are connected to it? Are connected to the Internet, or are they devices that just ran on the LAN?

• Administrators

Ok, thank you. Could you try these steps:

1. Downgrade back one firmware to .32. Is there any change? https://kb.netgear.com/000060127/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-32

2. If not, please upgrade back to .40. Then factory reset the router and see if everything functions normally after that: