Home Location Ping?

• Administrators

The server is appearing over there right? Make sure you're using the bleeding edge cloud (>Settings >Miscellaneous) in case the server is actually located nearer to you.

I'd be surprised if you consistently are getting 5ms pings after that if they're a considerable distance away.

6 hours ago, Netduma Admin said:

The server is appearing over there right? Make sure you're using the bleeding edge cloud (>Settings >Miscellaneous) in case the server is actually located nearer to you.

I'd be surprised if you consistently are getting 5ms pings after that if they're a considerable distance away.

Yes, the server is within the radius I set on the east coast, where I put my home location. Bleeding Edge cloud is enabled, which is default. 

Should I factory reset now that I’ve switched back to original firmware? I thought I read somewhere that some settings could be inadvertently saved from reverting back & that we should factory reset after?

• Administrators

Apply the cloud again to flush it to ensure it's on the correct version. It could just be a mislocated server. Its regarded as a good idea to do so after an upgrade/downgrade to ensure no legacy issues. 

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Apply the cloud again to flush it to ensure it's on the correct version. It could just be a mislocated server. Its regarded as a good idea to do so after an upgrade/downgrade to ensure no legacy issues. 

So it’s regarded as a good idea to apply the cloud again or factory reset? Or both? 

Today it showed the same server at 41ms ping, which now seems accurate but it still showed the server only 61 miles away?  Lol 😂 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Both but I was referring to factory reset specifically. The distance is based on where you've set your home location so that sounds like it's working correctly now :)

Oh cool, that makes sense. For some reason I was thinking it’s still the distance from my “actual” location.