sky is throttling my internet?

Tripper

I think sky is throttling my internet upload speed I keep dropping frames when streaming on OBS at 4000 bitrate and I drop lots if I go on my phone and use the internet I don't know how that affects my upload speed and I have a 7.5 mbps upload but 6mbps with bufferbloat turned on what I use all the time.

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable Traffic Prioritization completely, does the issue continue to happen then?

I used the twitch bandwidth tool and I was getting stable 7mbps and then when I turned on traffic prioritization I was going from 5000 mbps to 4000 mbps very unstable .

• Administrators

Does that happen without a game on or with a game on? If the later then it could be because it sends the gaming packets to the top of the queue but to stream it needs reliable constant traffic which may be disturbed with traffic prio.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does that happen without a game on or with a game on? If the later then it could be because it sends the gaming packets to the top of the queue but to stream it needs reliable constant traffic which may be disturbed with traffic prio.

I got no games running when testing

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so streaming is triggering traffic prioritization to come on? What rules have you got added?

No I turned it on and off and traffic prioritization has default settings nothing is triggering it I want to use it but I'm getting unstable upload speed

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that's good. Allocate more bandwidth to the device under upload in Bandwidth Allocation, does that improve it?

yeah its getting better

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, Tripper said:

yeah its getting better

Awesome. Leave those settings as they are now, and if you still think it could be better try Anti-Bufferbloat. There may be a setting there which could improve your experience (though if you're streaming, leaving it at 100/100 may be the best strategy).

4 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Awesome. Leave those settings as they are now, and if you still think it could be better try Anti-Bufferbloat. There may be a setting there which could improve your experience (though if you're streaming, leaving it at 100/100 may be the best strategy).

Anyway to make it more easy in the future like add a streaming mode or something to DumaOS?

• Netduma Staff
17 hours ago, Tripper said:

Anyway to make it more easy in the future like add a streaming mode or something to DumaOS?

There's so much we want to do. Personally I want a 'gaming mode' and a 'streaming mode' as an extension of Profiles, but it may turn out very differently. There's tonnes on the roadmap to bring to DumaOS :D

Thanks for the feedback, great to know this is something you'd like to see.

On 4/9/2019 at 10:55 AM, Netduma Jack said:

There's so much we want to do. Personally I want a 'gaming mode' and a 'streaming mode' as an extension of Profiles, but it may turn out very differently. There's tonnes on the roadmap to bring to DumaOS :D

Thanks for the feedback, great to know this is something you'd like to see.

going to have to keep my bufferbloat upload on 100% because its not stable when I turn it down

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Change the upload down to 90% so you have more bandwidth but it's still applied

But I lose most of my upload speed and can't stream even if its set to 90% I get 6mbps but get like half of that and its unstable

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, Tripper said:

But I lose most of my upload speed and can't stream even if its set to 90% I get 6mbps but get like half of that and its unstable

Just to clarify this... On your original comment you say your max bandwidth is 7.5mbps? And it goes down to 6mbps with Anti-Bufferbloat throttling? That to me sounds like it's working correctly... You'll lose a fraction of your speed to begin with since homes rarely receive the exact amount they pay for, and with throttling on top 6mbps sounds about correct. If I've misread this then sorry in advance!