Best Method?

Hey all, 

was just thinking about how I have a hard time determining what’s the best servers to lock onto just by gameplay alone, since there’s so many variables (ping, players with great connection / bad connection in the lobby, my skill etc etc).

So my question is, in the hunt for the best / consistent servers to narrow down & play on, what’s the best way to determine this? Tick rate, ping, etc? We all know ping unfortunately isn’t always the best indication of great gameplay anymore, so please help? Lol 😂 

I’m hoping for the professional Duma team to hop in on this as well as the experience from the awesome users (as always), as I feel this may be a question more peeps are curious about. 💪🏼😎

• Administrators

Well we've always said that the lower ping is better so I would say that whatever the closest server would be best though this can vary depending on the quality of the server. Higher the tick rate the better but this may not differ much on consoles anyway as they're capped below 30 mostly. 

On 4/6/2019 at 1:14 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Well we've always said that the lower ping is better so I would say that whatever the closest server would be best though this can vary depending on the quality of the server. Higher the tick rate the better but this may not differ much on consoles anyway as they're capped below 30 mostly. 

Why am I getting servers with 60+ tick rates if they’re capped at 30?

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

Why am I getting servers with 60+ tick rates if they’re capped at 30?

A lot of them are capped at 30 - it varies per server depending on how much cash they're trying to save. Looks like you've found a decent server there!