My Bandwidth Allocation does nothing

fakkel

Doesnt matter from what device I move the slider it does absolutely nothing. Like back in the days with the original NetdumaR1 firmware like shared is still ticked. I put my ps4 on slider 1, 0.5kb but it stays on 20mb upload. When I raise it all the way up to max it still says 20mb. Why is my Bandwidt Allocation not doing anything?

• Administrators

So are you saying that share excess is unticked as it sounds like it is enabled. There are two share excess options, one for download and one for upload, unticking one will only apply to the one it was done on.

I have the NetdumaOS installed that no longer has a shared acces box right? But it feels the same, like back in the days when I forgot to untick it (on the original OS). I now run the new OS but the allocation does nothing and I no longer see a shared acces box on the new OS.

19 hours ago, dav581005 said:

Are you talking sbout the 2 horizontal sliders if so make sure it is set to always on before testing as I think it defaults to the high priority setting which won't take effect unless you are gaming 

No I mean the circle slider with all the devices in it. I run the new NetdumaOS without the shared acces box.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, fakkel said:

I have the NetdumaOS installed that no longer has a shared acces box right? But it feels the same, like back in the days when I forgot to untick it (on the original OS). I now run the new OS but the allocation does nothing and I no longer see a shared acces box on the new OS.

No I mean the circle slider with all the devices in it. I run the new NetdumaOS without the shared acces box.

It does, it's in the 3 line menu of Bandwidth Allocation. You need to do it for both download and upload. 

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It does, it's in the 3 line menu of Bandwidth Allocation. You need to do it for both download and upload. 

Found it nevermind! Does 0.5mbps means 500kb when I click on specific device and after that you go to bottom of the page with circle slider to enter precise bandwidth, it says mbps. Is 0.5 mbps 500 kb like 0.5mb or? Thx for great help.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes 500kb, that's right!

Thx guys Netduma team is legend. I have another problem that has to do with signing in to my Netduma Forum account where can I ask help with that?

• Administrators
10 hours ago, fakkel said:

Thx guys Netduma team is legend. I have another problem that has to do with signing in to my Netduma Forum account where can I ask help with that?

If you have a different username to your display name then that's the issue. You have to login with the username not display name.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you have a different username to your display name then that's the issue. You have to login with the username not display name.

No my problem is that everytime I have to reset my password to login, eventhough I am 100% sure I am using the right password. It says incorrect password, I reset it, fill in same password, I login with it the first time and it works, after a little while of beeing idle you have to relog and then it says password incorrect.

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, fakkel said:

No my problem is that everytime I have to reset my password to login, eventhough I am 100% sure I am using the right password. It says incorrect password, I reset it, fill in same password, I login with it the first time and it works, after a little while of beeing idle you have to relog and then it says password incorrect.

Hm, that definitely shouldn't be happening - I've never heard a case of this happening to anyone before. Are you resetting it to something extremely simple? Maybe we should take this into DM's.