VPN configuration issue

MichaelAverage

Hey guys,  I have this error

Sun Mar 24 06:29:18 2019 us=564382 OpenVPN 2.3.4 mips-openwrt-linux-gnu [SSL (OpenSSL)] [LZO] [EPOLL] [MH] [IPv6] built on Nov 4 2018 
Sun Mar 24 06:29:18 2019 us=564658 library versions: OpenSSL 1.0.1h 5 Jun 2014, LZO 2.06 
Sun Mar 24 06:29:18 2019 us=565294 NOTE: the current --script-security setting may allow this configuration to call user-defined scripts 
Sun Mar 24 06:29:18 2019 us=567767 Cannot load certificate file client.crt: error:02001002:lib(2):func(1):reason(2): error:2006D080:lib(32):func(109):reason(128): error:140AD002:lib(20):func(173):reason(2) 
Sun Mar 24 06:29:18 2019 us=567911 Exiting due to fatal error 

and this is my config

client
remote 9-1-sk.cg-dialup.net 443
dev tun 
proto tcp
auth-user-pass

resolv-retry infinite 
redirect-gateway def1
persist-key
persist-tun
nobind
cipher AES-256-CBC
auth SHA256
ping 15
ping-exit 90
ping-timer-rem
script-security 2
remote-cert-tls server
route-delay 5
verb 4
comp-lzo

ca ca.crt

cert client.crt

key client.key

How do i make it work? i dont know where to put files or how to point to them. I am using Cyberghost vpn

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You need to actually input those ca, cert & key files into the config you're using and then it should work so it would be like this:

client
remote 9-1-sk.cg-dialup.net 443
dev tun 
proto tcp
auth-user-pass
resolv-retry infinite 
redirect-gateway def1
persist-key
persist-tun
nobind
cipher AES-256-CBC
auth SHA256
ping 15
ping-exit 90
ping-timer-rem
script-security 2
remote-cert-tls server
route-delay 5
verb 4
comp-lzo

<ca>
contents of the ca.crt file pasted here
</ca>
<cert>
contents of the client.crt file pasted here
</cert>
<key>
contents of the client.key file pasted here
</key>

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, MichaelAverage said:

Thanks for help, it worked, but now my speeds are capped  at 10/5. After some googling i found out that R1 is limited to those speeds because of Encryption/Decprition and slow cpu 😕 

That's correct, but also extremely common. Even on a Nighthawk XR500 with a dual-core CPU you'd still get around 10mbps, and on an XR700 - the best router money can buy with a quad-core CPU, you'd get around 20mbps.

With Hybrid VPN you can exclude devices from the VPN if you want to reach your max speeds on those; something no other router can do. :)

• 2 years later...
On 3/25/2019 at 11:20 AM, Netduma Jack said:

That's correct, but also extremely common. Even on a Nighthawk XR500 with a dual-core CPU you'd still get around 10mbps, and on an XR700 - the best router money can buy with a quad-core CPU, you'd get around 20mbps.

With Hybrid VPN you can exclude devices from the VPN if you want to reach your max speeds on those; something no other router can do. :)

Hi sorry, just a noob question relating to this, when im using the NetDuma R2, is the best i can hope for around 20mbps even tho i have 1gb connection?

Sorry if im way off.., or is this soley related to VPN only?

The speeds im getting on my BTHUB show 930mb but the netduma show around 500, not sue if its accurate...

• Administrators
1 hour ago, DaveCOP said:

Hi sorry, just a noob question relating to this, when im using the NetDuma R2, is the best i can hope for around 20mbps even tho i have 1gb connection?

Sorry if im way off.., or is this soley related to VPN only?

The speeds im getting on my BTHUB show 930mb but the netduma show around 500, not sue if its accurate...

Good question, it's the most you could get when using HybridVPN - without the VPN you can get much closer to gigabit. If you make a new topic we can explore why you may not be receiving higher speeds than 500