Netgear XR500 Geo-filter Not Working Properly, Please Help...

• Administrators

Hi there,

Could you explain what you mean by 'not working properly'? There's a full setup guide here if it's your first time using it: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

As for the gateway - don't worry if there's no bridge mode, that's not unusual. You only really need to configure the gateway if you're not getting an Open NAT. If you already have an Open NAT then best not to touch it.

• Administrators

Ok, could you follow the Geo-Filter guide I linked above, this should help you force the best lobbies/servers.

As for 'choosing a ping', you can do this if you use Ping Assist like a Ping Filter. See bottom half of this guide: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist

I have done everything as you suggested but unfortunately nothing has worked. I still get high ping and lobbies outside my selected radius. Does this has to do with my location in Gulf Area - Middle East?

I have an issue with the forum , I have to do password reset each time I log in ( of course after I log out or being idle for a long time) , Why?

• Administrators

Could you take a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page the next time you have a high ping lobby outside of your radius? Expand the Geo-Filter Map options so we can see each setting please.

Could you also let me know which game you are playing, I can then answer your question about your location.

That's strange with the forum, I've not heard of that before. Does your browser offer to save your password? If so, have you updated it for your latest password? Your details won't change from one login to the next, so you should just be able to log back in again.

• Administrators

I would say it's definitely to do with your location, I don't believe the game has any servers in that region. I would say that your best chance of the lowest ping would be to force servers in Southern Europe. It's not going to be super low but it should definitely be sub 100ms.

Thanks, Fraser.  I used to have ping of 50ms when I get connected locally around my location as i can tell from their online IDs (from Gulf countries) but now I can't get connected to any close connection. I don't why.

• Administrators

That's probably when P2P has been enabled for the game, for example when servers are under heavy load they usually enable P2P. Now it's been awhile since the game has been out I assume they're almost exclusively using dedicated servers which is bad for you as there are none in your area and no way to force P2P. Force Southern Europe (turn Ping Assist off first by setting to 0, wait 2 minutes then restart the game ) and see what kind of pings you get.

• Netduma Staff
4 hours ago, Hamdi said:

Thanks. You are absolutely correct as I was connected by P2P. I will try to do what you suggested today and update you accordingly.

Good stuff Hamdi, we'll look out for your response :) feel free to experiment.