Multiple Xboxes

Hey guys,

I'm having a few issues with multiple xboxes. I have both my wife's xbox and my own set on the geo filter and I can find games no problem but when my wife tries to find a game it takes ages and puts her in half empty lobbies. When she tries to join my game she gets kicked as soon as she connects.

Also when we ping hosts the ping will sit stable for a while at around 40-50ms then spikes to over 100ms, not sure if this is our connection or the host/server we're connected too.

I've not touched any other settings so far.

We actually have 4 xboxes but our sons can wait till we get ours sorted :) lol

Forgot to say We're playing Advanced Warfare

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi,

Ok really cool set-up you've got there. LAN parties at your house must be awesome!

Lets try address one issue at a time. Does your wives xbox connect fine if you disable the geofilter for her xbox? If you like we can use Skype to resolve the issue quicker. If so I've pm'd you my skype ID.

We actually have 4 xboxes but our sons can wait till we get ours sorted :) lol

Glad you've got your priorities right

Pollutionblues,

Have you assigned both the consoles a static ip address?

From what your describing this is an issue we see a lot on the call of duty forums when two consoles in the same house connect to the same session.

If you have assigned ips could you try the reverse and have your wifes xbox connect first then try joining her, I have a sneaky suspicion the same thing will occur. Then try to run both consoles but connect to separate games and see if they connect ok ?

I've seen this issue from upnp, without static ips defined...Some people have had to DMZ one of the xboxes...

This is an issue because of port forwarding,

@pollutionblues: what does it say your NAT is?

Your nat is likely: Open

You wife's nat is likely: Strict

Guest Netduma_Iain

Could we have the solution posted here?

Sure, when we resolve it, it will be posted here. However I think OP has gone to sleep. Are you having the same issue? If so I can try help.

Sure' date=' when we resolve it, it will be posted here. However I think OP has gone to sleep. Are you having the same issue? If so I can try help.

[/quote']

Oh no, I don't have the router in my possession yet (all the way in California, USA). I do, however, have two XB1s at home so wanted to be able to tackle the issue if I encountered it.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Sure' date=' when we resolve it, it will be posted here. However I think OP has gone to sleep. Are you having the same issue? If so I can try help.

[/quote']

Oh no, I don't have the router in my possession yet (all the way in California, USA).  I do, however, have two XB1s at home so wanted to be able to tackle the issue if I encountered it.

Will do! I think Adam and Abc know exactly what the issue is. So it should be resolved soon. I think this is a common issue not unique to our router. We will let you know the solution, rest assured there will be one.

Morning guys.

It had totally slipped my mind to setup static IP's yesterday when I installed my R1. I will do that later on today and get back to you all.

abc, all our NAT's are open

I'll post results once I've setup static IP's

Sounds good, please get back to us after you have set static IPs via static DHCP leases.

This is an issue with almost all routers, it isn't unique to this router...i'm sure with more debugging netduma will make this much easier and plug and play.

Sounds good' date=' please get back to us after you have set static IPs via static DHCP leases.

This is an issue with almost all routers, it isn't unique to this router...i'm sure with more debugging netduma will make this much easier and plug and play.

[/quote']

We hopped into skype with Pollution and finally got this all sorted, all consoles online with open nats and able to join the same game. It was just a matter of a bit of trial and error working out how to set everything up with pollutions slightly unique set up currently.

The good things that came out of this was we now know exactly how to advise people in a similar situation. But you're correct ABC its an issue with a lot of routers and static ips/ consoles . It's given us some ideas of how we can maybe implement a more plug and play solution in the future .

i'm just writing up a how to which i'll be posting in a bit in the answer bank forum

Well this will be important to me when I get around to getting one of these routers. As I do have a 3 PS4 setup at home myself, and I like to give each console a static ip from the router. So I am happy to see this kind of stuff already being brought up.

Guest Netduma_Iain

I believe the almighty Adam figured out the solution. I think he's in the process of writing it out on the answer bank. It will be there later today.

I expect I will be having this issue as well. I just ordered an R1 from the last batch on Sunday, but I'm on the west coast of the US, so it will probably be awhile before it's here. I'm doing a little research in the meantime.

I have 3 PS4s in the house, and my wife and I regularly play Call of Duty together. Right now I'm using a Linux box with iptables + UPnP plus some other nerd magic. It at least gives better performance and functionality than most of the consumer routers I've tried in the past. I could get an Open/Open/Open NAT as long as linux-igd handle all of the forwarding rules and 3074/udp wasn't manually forwarded. I got as far as adding some extra debugging to linux-igd, but didn't bother with doing a proper fix to handle manually opened ports since letting linux-igd handle it all avoided the duplicate rules. 

Does this mean that the bandwidth allocation and the geofiltering works with multiple devices? I can give 45% to my PS4, 45% to my wife's and our son can try playing League of Legends with 10%? ;-) And the geofiltering works with multiple devices as well?

I'm soooo excited to start tinkering! 

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi,

Thank-you so much for purchasing. Also really cool that you've got down and dirty with Linux, its lots of fun :)

If you have modem mode, then you should have no issues at all with NAT. It should be Open by default. If you don't have a modem mode our router does the best it can to open, so chances are you'll still have a open NAT. If not its a piece of cake to forward ports.

Our bandwidth allocation will work great, you can figure out what works best for you. But if you need help I'll be happy to assist.

On to the geo-filter. If you're playing the same game then it makes sense to have one person have the geo-filter enabled and the other not. Because the one player will filter for the other player(s) so having two filters achieves the same thing.

We are currently investigating how having multiple consoles in different games with filters on can operate well. Don't worry by the time you get it I'm confident it will all be resolved. 

Big big thanks to @pollutionblues!

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I too am having trouble with getting two xbox ones working together. I have done the following:

- placed the netduma in dmz zone on at&t uverse 3600hgv

- assign static ip to both xbox ones

- one xbox one in geo-flitered enabled and the other is not.

Am I missing something?

Respectfully,

SeaWolf69

Guest Netduma Fraser

Hello,

I too am having trouble with getting two xbox ones working together. I have done the following:

- placed the netduma in dmz zone on at&t uverse 3600hgv

- assign static ip to both xbox ones

- one xbox one in geo-flitered enabled and the other is not.

Am I missing something?

Respectfully,

SeaWolf69

Hey Seawolf, we do need to look into this but pollutionblues has come up with a solution so maybe he could comment and help :)

Hi SeaWolf,

What firmware version are you on?

Is it a problem with getting open NAT that your having or is it something else?

If it is a NAT issue, I always make sure my geo-filter is disabled before I start up the xboxes then enable the geo filter once the game is loaded up (Advanced Warfare). Ive never have NAT problems since using this method.

Let me know how you get on.

Archived