STP Ethernet cord ?

DAKOTADOCKALL

Here where i live when im using my astro a40s i can most of the time hear people talking on CB radios and others things like that. And i was wondering if that could be messing around with my internet somehow. And im using utp cords right now and looked at a few posts about stp cords helping with peoples connection from interference so thats might be my problem. Thanks for any help if i dont reply back right away.    

• Administrators

Wireless interference is a definite thing and it's best to keep any devices that operate wirelessly at least 3ft from the router. As well as using a WiFi analyser to find the least congested WiFi channel and use that. Really odd thing you've got there, not heard of that before! 

yea its whack i hear so many conversations im going to go buy 3 cat 6 stp cords and test them out. also is the tp 7610 have grounded ports if you know i tried looking it up but got no where. ill post some pingplotter graphs after im done installing them. 

On 1/26/2019 at 2:43 PM, DAKOTADOCKALL said:

yea its whack i hear so many conversations im going to go buy 3 cat 6 stp cords and test them out. also is the tp 7610 have grounded ports if you know i tried looking it up but got no where. ill post some pingplotter graphs after im done installing them. 

I wouldn't buy stp cable. You have to ground it to work properly. I would look into see if you can do it yourself or whatever before you buy them.