Getting booted

David824

I havent ever had this issue until the past 2 maybe 3 weeks but i am now coming home from work to find out my R1 has been disconnected. The 1st couple of times I thought it might be my modem so Id reboot both but I have finally figured out its my R1. So now its like every 4 days its disconnecting and i reboot it and it works fine. Im just wondering is there a setting I can fix or is it just starting to go bad? 

• Administrators

Is this happening across all devices or just a specific device? Can you access the interface when it doesn't have internet? If so can you look at the logs please and see if it's shorter than usual indicating that it's started up again from a reboot - should start with something like DumaOS Initialized

No I cant access it when its offline...I'm just seeing the screen saying its taking too long load. My modem is staying online...anything thats connected to my R1 which is just my PC is offline also.

• Netduma Staff
11 hours ago, David824 said:

No I cant access it when its offline...I'm just seeing the screen saying its taking too long load. My modem is staying online...anything thats connected to my R1 which is just my PC is offline also.

Set your DHCP lease time to a week and see if that extends the dropouts to happen every week rather than every few days. You can likely solve the issue by setting static IP's on the affected devices, if this does turn out to be DHCP related.

I don't think your R1 is going bad or anything, lets see if we can solve it :)

bonjours,

ip du R1 en dehors de la plage dhcp de sa boxe

ex plage dhcp boxe : 192.168.0.10 fin 192.168.0.19   ------> ip static R1 en fin de plage dhcp : 192.168.0.254

plus de déconnections.

hellos,

ip of the R1 outside the dhcp beach of his boxing

ex dhcp beach boxing: 192.168.0.10 end 192.168.0.19 ------> static ip R1 end of range dhcp: 192.168.0.254

more disconnections.

1 hour ago, Netduma Jack said:

Set your DHCP lease time to a week and see if that extends the dropouts to happen every week rather than every few days. You can likely solve the issue by setting static IP's on the affected devices, if this does turn out to be DHCP related.

I don't think your R1 is going bad or anything, lets see if we can solve it :)

Will do this afternoon...I believe its set to 12 hours (I didn't set it to that) I'll put it out a week and see what it does and let you guys know. I have my ps4 to a static ip but not my pc...not sure how putting a static on the devices will stop the actual router from booting off...but im not much up on the whole static working details of things.

• Netduma Staff
43 minutes ago, David824 said:

Will do this afternoon...I believe its set to 12 hours (I didn't set it to that) I'll put it out a week and see what it does and let you guys know. I have my ps4 to a static ip but not my pc...not sure how putting a static on the devices will stop the actual router from booting off...but im not much up on the whole static working details of things.

I'm not 100% certain about it David, it just seems like a good avenue to explore. Just to clarify one more thing - when the disconnections happen, do you think the router is rebooting at the time? Does it make a beeping sound / do the lights change a lot? Not being able to access the UI when it happens might be an indicator that it's rebooting rather than just dropping Internet.

4 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

I'm not 100% certain about it David, it just seems like a good avenue to explore. Just to clarify one more thing - when the disconnections happen, do you think the router is rebooting at the time? Does it make a beeping sound / do the lights change a lot? Not being able to access the UI when it happens might be an indicator that it's rebooting rather than just dropping Internet.

Ive never had it reboot/kick offline while I'm home...Its always when I get home from work...the lights on the duma are still blinking as if its on..but I notice my PC  as no internet to it and the interface isn't loading on my monitor as well as my PS4 is telling me im not coonection. That's when I have to actually pull the power supply to reboot it because I cant access the PC at all.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you had any drops since extending the DHCP lease? Do you have the R1 connected to a power extender? If so plug it directly into the wall as well please.

I just did the DCHP lease to 168 hours which will be a week from now...SO I will see...I actually do have my R1 connected to a surge protector....is that the same thing? I'll see if the DCHP lease will fix it 1st....if not then I will try it plugged straight to the wall.

As always...thanks so much for the help Fraser...and you too Jack!!

50 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay great! If you share the surge protector with other devices then yes, they're splitting the voltage so might not get exactly what it needs which could cause issues, see how you go!

Now sharing it and the modem....that wouldnt cause enough low voltage that it would mess with playing online would it?...You think I should plug the modem and the router into the wall or wold that not effect game play with the voltage to the devices?...it would just knock it offline?

well I thought I would let you guys know I'm going to have to try the plugging my router and maybe the modem into the wall outlets to see...it took about the normal two or three days and my router went offline again.

• Netduma Staff
9 hours ago, David824 said:

well I thought I would let you guys know I'm going to have to try the plugging my router and maybe the modem into the wall outlets to see...it took about the normal two or three days and my router went offline again.

Alright David, thanks for letting us know. It could very well be a voltage / power adapter issue so it's worth trying.