VPN recommendations?

wrighty338

4 minutes ago, Mrbchambers said:

Hey Fraser, I will upload the info you are asking for.

Is there an easy way to capture the log file, because it continually updates, and cancels the highlight, you don’t even have time to Ctrl+c to capture it, also the log instantly disappears when you disable it?

So here is a thing:- I went to set this up so that I could send you the info, and managed to get it to work. Though I had to only pick the main country that is listed as a city server e.g. UK not one of the city servers also in the list? How confusing is this?

Still interested in if there is an easy way to capture the logs, because that was just annoying! I am going to give a shout out to Snagit, without which I would have went mad!!

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Mrbchambers said:

Hey Fraser, I will upload the info you are asking for.

Is there an easy way to capture the log file, because it continually updates, and cancels the highlight, you don’t even have time to Ctrl+c to capture it, also the log instantly disappears when you disable it?

Stop using any traffic and then it should slow down to the point where you can highlight it but if it's doing that then it indicates that it is working - may be more a case of how you have added the device

32 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Stop using any traffic and then it should slow down to the point where you can highlight it but if it's doing that then it indicates that it is working - may be more a case of how you have added the device

Well it didn’t connect, said it was Connecting, and the log was constantly being added to. I used Snagit on the Mac and it captures everything, though when I was trying to send the info to the PureVPN team I was on my other PC and I don’t have Snagit there. Just thought there was a button or method that would have made that process easier. Its not a major issue.

So I have just finished sending my feedback to PureVPN and thought it may be a good idea to include you guys in too. It would be good to know what servers can be used through the basic setting, and advanced for that matter, because trial and error is a bit of a pain in the neck.

Have you and PureVPN/HMA collaborated on this, or is this something you have just implemented? I’m not trying to point the finger, just interested, and if it helps as I use these two VPN’s I will put together a spreadsheet on what works, and share it with you/PureVPN/HMA, if that sounds OK.

I use the VPN feature more and more through Dumaos, its just smart, with the option to include devices, and exclude other devices/services is brilliant, so this is something that I think, should be better implemented and well documented (no disrespect intended).

I really aren’t trying to give you a boat load of work to do, and do really appreciate your help.

• Administrators

I wouldn't recommend trying basic, some may work but the vast majority won't, it's best to use the Advanced Setup, it's more likely to work. Could you provide the config you're using?

There is no collaboration on our side that I am aware of, on the Netgear side it may be slightly more but as far as I know there is just a link for a trial and that is it.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Advanced is most likely to work (we need to update the configs on basic), could you provide your config file and the log you're getting as well as a screenshot of the VPN page after you've tried to connect please?

Have you fixed this, as there are less servers in the basic list, and they all seem to work now?

That’s fast if you have!

Edited by Mrbchambers
I missed a bit

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Mrbchambers said:

Have you fixed this, as there are less servers in the basic list, and they all seem to work now?

That’s fast if you have!

Won't have been now but glad it's working. We were having issues with the tool to update the config which we were trying to resolve so seems like we may have got that sorted, I'll check with the team.

• 4 months later...
On 1/30/2019 at 8:50 PM, S13 said:

I have torguard but  speeds over vpn are absolutely  rubbish.

I have 350mbps download,   I am in UK, on connecting to US  server ( any server in US)  I get download  speed of only  3mbps.  Now that's big difference. 

I am going to cancel n get another.  Same question  ,  any ideas ? Anyone use any vpn for gaming  ?

I have Torguard and get very good speeds. Up to about 200mbps. I also have WTF but this depends as to whether you actually have a problem. The results vary.

I used to have HMA and they are beyond terrible. The truth is that while they hide your a**, they do not protect it at all. If you do anything dodgy they will report you. I clicked on a link once, entirely by accident, and it started downloading a file. I stopped it immediately. However, turned out that it was a copyrighted file and the owner went after me. They contacted HMA. HMA promptly warned me (meaning they had kept records) and said if I ever did anything like that again, they would hand the information over to the copyright holder.