unable to delete Offline devices since latest firmware ?

since the new firmware , i cannot delete an Offline unwanted device from device manager ?

I sold this router to a friend but manage it remotely for him.....

the device will not delete ? it says its Online ....?

offline1.jpg

offline2.jpg

• Netduma Staff

Hi xlr - don't worry, we're already on the case with this one. I'll make sure a developer sees this in case there's anything extra here, but a few users have already reported it :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Usually the IP address will disappear after awhile so it can be deleted (if it doesn't go online again). We can't make any promises on when future firmware versions will be available from Netgear or what they may include as always subject to change

• Netduma Staff
15 minutes ago, xlr8r said:

nope, doesnt work. i now have a stack of unwanted devices that no longer exist and cannot be removed.

Hard to believe this router is out a year and has this problem....

On the flip side, it's mindblowing how many persistent issues have been fixed over the last year. It's unfortunate that this particular issue hasn't made the cut just yet, but one of these updates it'll be resolved.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, this is now getting weird!

just for giggles I tried to remove one of the devices in Device manager that i couldnt previously remove....

today, i can remove any devices... wah ?

The only things i have done recently are;

1. messed about with the USB Media Share settings (which doesn't work properly http://forum.netduma.com/topic/28131-usb-storage-media-server-malfunction/ )

2. tweaked a bit at Content Filtering (for parental control)

3. rebooted a couple of times.

given that i had done step 3 several times already in my original post, i can only assume either step 1 or 2 remedied the problem.....?

• Netduma Staff

Well isn't that peculiar. That might narrow it down a bit for our devs so I'll make sure they hear what happened. Thanks as always for the update XLR!

Keep an eye on it - it will be interesting to see if it continues to work correctly. It could be a bug related to a time factor rather than any actions you're taking, so maybe try leaving the settings alone for a bit and see if it still continues to work :)

• 1 year later...
  • Administrators
52 minutes ago, beny said:

Hi everyone,

I'm still having this problem today! (08/December/2020)

Does anyone has a solution for this topic already?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If you upgrade to the beta firmware you can use the button in device manager to delete all offline devices https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/bd-p/en-home-beta-npg-duma