so host doesnt matter with cheaters

procreate

my friend was host according to the duma but ran across a guy in MW3 was was in god mode... i really dont get it, what is the point of playing when you CANT die? its just trolling but takes ZERO talent.

Not that far a go there were a topic about lags witches. I have littery asked same question as i dont get it ether...

The only answer is cheaters gonna cheat

I never understood the cheating. The first time I ran across it was in MW2 and I was thrown into a lobby where the top guy ended up going 110-3 or 110-4 in Domination. I kept getting thrown back into that lobby. A part of me died that day. I was very saddened.

my friend was host according to the duma but ran across a guy in MW3 was was in god mode... i really dont get it, what is the point of playing when you CANT die? its just trolling but takes ZERO talent.

That's good to know.  I always assumed the person had to host.  Perhaps it can only be done in a player hosted lobby.  As bad as dedi's play and we complain about them at times maybe we should just be lucky that cheaters can't run hacks on those; except for modded controllers.

I don't want to get into a huge psychological discussion, but a lot of cheaters and trolls do it simply because playing video games is the only thing they have control over in their real lives.

CoD is a particularly big target not just because of its popularity, but because the game itself is geared toward rewarding individual accomplishment vs. the team. That individual achievement is what a lot of cheaters and trolls don't have in real life. Hence, why they resort to cheating in the online world to validate themselves in the real world a lot of times.

Consequently, this is also why for legit players CoD has such a huge appeal... Especially, for teens who feel powerless during the teen years. They can "master" CoD, get all the camos, medals and challenges and have something to brag about at school. Again, the major appeal of CoD is it's so easy to play it gives the ILLUSION of accomplishment which a lot of kids need at certain points in their lives.

Hmmm. Not too sure but possibly in some situations. I play CoD because it's an active cat and mouse game that is a short duration that apppeals to my ADD. Not sure why my kids play it, most time they are screaming "come on!"

The lure of CoD is it's so easy to pick-up-and-play and the reward structure reinforces (individual) "accomplishment", even when it's not warranted. This is why (your) kids play it. They think they are becoming "good" at a particular game, but in reality, the game has been designed to fool them into thinking they are good to hook them on DLC, mDLC, etc. I know it is a stereotype, but put a CoD player in any other competitive shooter with a real learning curve and in-depth mechanics and they will rage quit... Because they aren't that good a player in reality, but... CoD has fooled them into thinking they are.

CoD is designed around the whole Adrenaline/Dopeamine/Serotonin rush we get from doing something well. Why do you think there are those annoying medals that pop up after EVERY SINGLE KILL? To make the player feel like they have "accomplished" something when it's just White Noise.

Older players like you and I can see right through this, but your kids probably can't (yet). That's why CoD is so popular among young (10-12+) kids. It's an instant "high" and takes no real effort to achieve. It's something they can talk about with their friends e.g. K/D ratio. 

Don't get me wrong. I do enjoy CoD, but AW much less than others because a lot of the parlor tricks Activision has used in the past are blatantly on display in AW, and it is almost patronizing in a way, but I have to remind myself, I am NOT the target audience they are after. They are after "kids" -- see definition above -- And I am way past being a kid as most of the aging CoD fans are now from when the series started a decade ago.

Mine actually switched to Destiny. My youngest plays zombies over MP in CoD.

I think the mDLC marked their downfall. They want to eat their cake and have it too, but games that depend on those small transactions are F2P and not $110 a year in game fees. My kids dint get money to buy anything in game. They never will until they turn 18 and out of my house.

Archived