Adjusting petals versus sliders?

What’s the benefit, if any, to adjusting the bandwidth allocation petals versus the sliders? The most activity that’s going on while I’m playing is maybe my wife using FB off WiFi. Is there any reason to mess with the petals? I’ve heard some people “unticking” share excess, then adjusting the petals instead of CC sliders. Is there any difference as far as better bufferbloat control using one versus the other? Thanks!

• Administrators

The best first step is to use the sliders. That eliminates the congestion (bufferbloat) problem. Then if you need to, allocate more bandwidth to other devices. But this is more useful when you're in a busy home with lots of devices. So for your case you're right, you should be fine just to leave them as they are.

Are you on DumaOS by the way? This subforum is just for the original R1 firmware, DumaOS subforum is here in future: http://forum.netduma.com/forum/105-dumaos-on-netduma-r1-support-open-beta/

• Netduma Staff
12 hours ago, CrossFitKila717 said:

Awesome, thank you. Yes, I’m on original firmware. 

Good stuff. If you ever want to upgrade to DumaOS you can do that through Netduma.com but I'm sure you know that already. If you have any other questions just holler :D