Router stopped working

nytemare01

Hello

My router just stopped working out of nowhere. Tried different outlets but no luck. It does not beep when you plug it in like it used to and none of the lights on top are blinking but there are 2 lights on the back that are currently flashing.....PWR and ACT. Not sure what happened guys but for now I guess I'll have to go back to the asus:(. Where do I need to send it for possible repairs? Oh and I also tried a factory reset but that didn't work either. Thanks

• Netduma Staff

Yes I used the button on the back. I am currently using the latest version .4

Ok. How long did you press it for. From what I know, the .4 version is unbrickable.

When the router is plugged in just press it for 1 second (no longer). Hopefully it will re-boot onto the netduma firmware.

Just so you know I tried the factory reset after it had already stopped working. I attempted another just now and had no luck. This is the first time I've had to do a factory reset. Do you think it may have overheated. I keep it in a well ventilated area so I'm not sure

• Netduma Staff

Just so you know I tried the factory reset after it had already stopped working. I attempted another just now and had no luck. This is the first time I've had to do a factory reset. Do you think it may have overheated. I keep it in a well ventilated area so I'm not sure

Oh, I didn't realise you tried the factory reset after is stopped working. I thought that was what caused it to stop working. I'm sure Fraser or someone will be here soon to explain what to do :)

• Administrators

Power adaptor fail maybe guys?

Possibly! 

Well the PWR light on the back flashes but that's all

If the power light on the back flashes that means the power adapter should be fine. How hot is the device? Is it placed on something that could cause it to overheat? 

Sometime's they can still give a current , under volting , i see it all the time with laptop chargers rated 19v giving out say 14v enough to power the lights on the machine but not enough to start it.

May or may not be this issue though.

• Administrators

Sometime's they can still give a current , under volting , i see it all the time with laptop chargers rated 19v giving out say 14v enough to power the lights on the machine but not enough to start it.

Ahh thanks for the heads up Zennon, hopefully with the link provided we can confirm either way :)

Archived