QOS needed?

• Administrators

They do have built in QoS but it won't be as powerful. But on a +1Gbps connection you probably don't need the QoS as much as others. I personally would use it to prevent any random spikes and to use Traffic Prioritisation, plus there's barely anything on the Internet that would requires that much bandwidth, unless you decided to stream twenty 4k movies simultaneously! But it's your call!

I have 80 down 20 up and if i don't have bandwidth allocation enabled when my wife streams netflix - even tho its roughly 15mb  it spikes like f**K when I'm on blackout - just partial use of my line by something else causing me to jump about.

your QOS works great for me - just wish i could set it to auto enable whenever it detects my xbox so i don't have to keep enabling it manually. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Sparky87 said:

I have 80 down 20 up and if i don't have bandwidth allocation enabled when my wife streams netflix - even tho its roughly 15mb  it spikes like f**K when I'm on blackout - just partial use of my line by something else causing me to jump about.

your QOS works great for me - just wish i could set it to auto enable whenever it detects my xbox so i don't have to keep enabling it manually. 

You can, set Anti-Bufferbloat to 'When High Priority Traffic Detected' set your %, we recommend 70%. Ensure DumaOS Classified Games is enabled and Anti-Bufferbloat will apply only when you're gaming

well it doesn't do much to improve the connection - if share excess bandwidth enabled it shutters crazy. so i have to disable that otherwise its unplayable. i give most devices what they require to work properly but i don't have enough download to share out with the vast amount of devices connected.

then i forget to enable it again and the wife gets annoyed when something else isn't getting the bandwidth it requires the next day when I'm in work haha.

id like an option for shared excess to be toggled on and off once high priority traffic is detected.  would save me login on to the router overtime i play xbox.