GEO FILTER

VIC8BALL

So, have read thru forums, searched the internet and seems that I should get a bunch of cute icons on my map when using geo filter...I get NONE.  I have set my location, with a 3000 mile circle, covering all of North America.  I am physically located in Virginia (just outside of D.C) and have difficulty believing there are no servers anywhere near me...starting to feel like this was a waste of $300...someone please tell me what I am missing...

UPDATE:  Apparently, there is only one server on all of the East coast of the U.S. and it is occasionally showing up for me.

Same thing for me. I mostly connect to east coast servers even though I’m from CA. I can have the circle over California and nobody can connect to me or I can’t find any games. If I put the circle only to cover America I can Connect to games and everyone can connect to me.  

• Administrators

Hi Vic - which console are you playing on? And what your Geo-Filter settings? Easiest if you take a screenshot of the page and post here and we can check it out for you.

Don - same questions for you. Might be easier if you start your own thread so we can help you individually.

I am playing on the PS4...at work now, so will post screen shots when I get home and respond with my exact Geo-filter settings and screen shots.  Last night, I was able to play and connected to several different dedicated servers on the east coast.  However, at no time am I able to see a bunch of icons showing server locations.  At the top of the forum, there is a request to help identify servers...when I follow those instructions (put location in ocean etc) I don't see any servers at all...no icons.  Additionally, a buddy of mine also bought the Nighthawk and if we both have Geo-Filtering enabled, we are not able to chat thru PS4, we can connect to a room together, but voice goes away based on both having it enabled vs just one of us.  It is like a switch, we both have it on, nothing, he turns his off and we can chat.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, VIC8BALL said:

However, at no time am I able to see a bunch of icons showing server locations. 

Hi Vic - you see this when you boot the game up. They all briefly appear then. After that boot up, you will only see the server you are playing on / directly blocking

f we both have Geo-Filtering enabled, we are not able to chat thru PS4

You need to add each other to your Allow list otherwise your Geo-Filter will block the other. To do this, switch to Spectating Mode. Invite the other player into your lobby. Their icon should appear on the Map. Click on the icon (you may need to disable Auto Ping in the Geo-Filter Map options to do this) and then in the Ping panel below, type in a name then click Allow.

You've now whitelisted each other. You can then switch back to Filtering Mode. You only need to do this once - once someone is in your Allow list they will always be able to connect to you.

Thanks for response...however, I do not see ANY server when I boot up the game, I only see a server when I connect to one (btw, I know thru game play that there are atleast 7 dedicated servers within my range..I know this because I look at the ID each time I back out and go into another room and connect).  Based on your message and the other related forum comments, these should atleast pop up upon loading the game.  And, it is my understanding that if I go into spectating mode, I should see all the servers.  I see nothing different in specatating mode.  And while I am able to play the game, it is disconcerting to me that it doesn't seem to behave the way it is described in the forums.  I have made sure my changes are made in the Geo Filter (and applied) before booting the game. 

Why would the Geo Filter BLOCK someone that is 15 miles away (straight line distance) and is whitelisted on my end then at the same time ALLOW someone to connect that is at the very edge of my range without me taking any action (to include not "whitelisting")? 

It may seem like a moot point, since I am able to play the game, just want it to behave as it should and understand when it isn't and why.  I truly appreciate your time.

VIC

• Administrators

Thanks for response...however, I do not see ANY server when I boot up the game, I only see a server when I connect to one (btw, I know thru game play that there are atleast 7 dedicated servers within my range..I know this because I look at the ID each time I back out and go into another room and connect).  Based on your message and the other related forum comments, these should atleast pop up upon loading the game.  And, it is my understanding that if I go into spectating mode, I should see all the servers.  I see nothing different in specatating mode.  And while I am able to play the game, it is disconcerting to me that it doesn't seem to behave the way it is described in the forums.  I have made sure my changes are made in the Geo Filter (and applied) before booting the game. 

Why would the Geo Filter BLOCK someone that is 15 miles away (straight line distance) and is whitelisted on my end then at the same time ALLOW someone to connect that is at the very edge of my range without me taking any action (to include not "whitelisting")? 

It may seem like a moot point, since I am able to play the game, just want it to behave as it should and understand when it isn't and why.  I truly appreciate your time.

VIC

One quick question, the device at the top of the page is added with the console service?

If it's not showing any servers on boot up I would suggest:

• Quit game completely to dashboard
  • Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  • Flush the cloud (Don't worry if it says taking to long, wait a minute then refresh the page, it will have applied)
  • Have your Geo-Filter how you want it
  • Re-add device to Geo-Filter 
  • Boot up the game

Your friend may be incorrectly located in our cloud database so make sure you're zoomed out on the Geo-Filter to see where the map shows them to be so you can add them. The edge of the radius as long as part of the line is over the icon will be allowed.

I will see what the update does for me, I am abandoning my drive to have this thing do what these forums say it should, for two primary reasons:

1 - It is driving me crazy

2 - Unlike alot of forum post, I am able to play games, connecting to servers is not a problem and the connections are much better than my previous router, so I would rather not take time from you guys and let you focus on those issues that are actually preventing folks from connecting/playing.  Thank you for your time on this post.

VIC

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, VIC8BALL said:

I will see what the update does for me, I am abandoning my drive to have this thing do what these forums say it should, for two primary reasons:

1 - It is driving me crazy

2 - Unlike alot of forum post, I am able to play games, connecting to servers is not a problem and the connections are much better than my previous router, so I would rather not take time from you guys and let you focus on those issues that are actually preventing folks from connecting/playing.  Thank you for your time on this post.

VIC

Alright Vic, well rest assured we're working on our cloud database as we speak. It'll keep improving over time as we find new solutions and keep optimising it. Keep checking in to see if there's a new version of the cloud out :)