My home setup

Swgohlegend

I have my main modem down stairs with the coax wired to my gaming room with moca adapter to my PS4. Curious if this setup is the best for gaming experience or would there be a better solution to have? Been having inconsistent speeds during my tests, my active is has good ping, telus actiontec t3200m is my modem. I can’t do bridge mode with the coax setup. I do get open nat but I’m curious if it’s a open nat really? Limited games found on blk ops 4. Don’t see any servers in my region either. Help please

• Administrators

Yeah that setup sounds fine. If you connect without the R1 are the speeds still inconsistent? If so then there may be an issue with your physical setup. 

The game looks like its undergoing server maintenance or something at the moment. If you're not seeing anything then make sure Geo-Filter is all setup, quit game to dashboard, wait 2 minutes then boot it up again and you should see the map populate on boot up. 

• Administrators

This is with IPv6 off? Do you have PPPoE by any chance? 

Have you got share excess on for download bandwidth allocation?

If you disable QoS completely in Anti-Bufferbloat settings do you get your full speeds through a wired connection?

The mention of coax suggests he's on cable, so he won't be using PPPoE. 

@Swgohlegend have you entered 300 down and up here? Make sure goodput is enabled and IPv6 is disabled under WAN and LAN, then click reset distribution under bandwidth allocation and "never" next to QoS. Then run a wired speed test and see if that gets you more than 60/180~.

If not the additional cable you're using to add the R1 into the setup may be an issue, so try swapping that out for another and test again :)

_20181203_132050.JPG

• Administrators

If you're capping download at 60 it's possible one of your QoS settings is wrong. Please follow this guide to make sure this is not the problem: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076586-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-maxmimum-bandwidth-speeds