recognizing other netduma users

I know that the amount of people who have netduma routers are limited but I thought it would be cool to see on the geo map if there is someone else with a netduma. Have a special indicator for that person who has the netduma on the map. Also, sometimes when im playing aw on xbox one I cant tell who the host is, all the dots are the same size.

• Administrators

I know that the amount of people who have netduma routers are limited but I thought it would be cool to see on the geo map if there is someone else with a netduma. Have a special indicator for that person who has the netduma on the map. Also, sometimes when im playing aw on xbox one I cant tell who the host is, all the dots are the same size.

Thats a cool idea for sure and would probably have to do as Toby said as well. Bagsta is correct, when they're all the same size that means you're host :) 

Indeed. Such a visual feature would be nice.  :)

When all dots have the same size it means that you are the host.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd support this, as long as:

• There is an opt-in/out feature
  • By default it is set to opt-out
Only then would I support having this implemented.

I agree with the idea but only if implemented as per above.

Personally I wouldn't want to appear at all but still think it's a cool idea

My only concern is: will this add a small load to the network? i.e sending the location data and status.

Whilst it may not use much, I personally would want to have as much bandwidth available for my own use as possible.

This would be cool and wouldn't be a privacy issue since you just see others has colored circles anyway, they would just put a Netduma logo for the person using a Netduma and no other information other than distance and ping.

I like this idea, with a simple feature this would be possible...

A cloud that uploads all duma users IPs to it...then since the parsing table uses IPs you could just match them and display on the map...

The issues: you wouldn't know who was the duma user in the room...you'd have to be like...Who is using the Duma? I am too?!?

Which kinda just makes it a novelty item and less of an awesome impact.

Archived