Can't turn UPnP off?

So i am having the opposite issue as others.  I can get UPnP table cleared and turn it off but as soon as I boot into Bo4 it shows 3074 in the UPnP table again.  I am trying to just use manual port forwarding instead.  Am I missing something?

Hello Stalker4hire-,

I had the same problem as yours for several weeks. Tried everything to fix the UPNP issue but with no success. Reboot my R1 and even hard reset it but still the ports are showing in the UPNP section, even though the UPNP is turned off. But now I've found a solution to this but doing the follwoing:

1- Hard reset R1 ( firmware milestone 1.3 ).

2- Immediately after hard reset, downgrade to the old R1 os ( 1.03.6j ).

3- While on 1.03.6j , turn the UPNP OFF and hard reset

4- Immediately after hard reset the R1 upgrade to milestone 1.3

Everything now should be working as usual, you can portforwarding while UPNP is off.

cheers,

• Netduma Staff

Interesting - seems like Macusa has had this experience before and found a fix. Let us know if that works out. Our developers are aware of a couple of weird UPnP table issues so hopefully these can get fixed up soon!

I just discovered the same problem, funny enough... considering I had UPnP on for weeks with it not working/showing any ports. I just turned it off to try something with an additional forwarding rule and UPnP rules are still visible even though they had initially cleared:

Screenshot_20181126-124841.thumb.png.5521d9190f27f2e9351d6349dc5bc53a.png

I downgraded to 1.03.6g a while ago and noticed that some settings were still intact - such as miscellaneous settings, DNS, MTU, as well as manually assigned IPs - while others like the geofilter, congestion control and my correct bandwidth values had been reset, despite my not resetting to factory defaults. I wonder if this is indeed the problem: a clash between settings on old and new firmware. I also wonder if certain settings being retained on the old firmware which aren't present on DumaOS (like LAN MTU or stealth mode) are having some impact while hidden from view on DumaOS. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that. Personally just wanted to point out the flip side of the UPnP bug others are having. Glad it's not just me. This all started by trying to figure out if manually forwarding 27015-27035, 27036 3478-3480 would help finding better lobbies. I only ever see 3074 forwarded in UPnP. Since the Admin has chimed in the bug is noted from both angles. Thanks everyone.

6 minutes ago, stalker4hire- said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try that. Personally just wanted to point out the flip side of the UPnP bug others are having. Glad it's not just me. This all started by trying to figure out if manually forwarding 27015-27035, 27036 3478-3480 would help finding better lobbies. I only ever see 3074 forwarded in UPnP. Since the Admin has chimed in the bug is noted from both angles. Thanks everyone.

UDP 3074 is the only port that needs to be forwarded for an open NAT, but over the past year I've learned of many ports that are used in CoD games - one of the many ports between 30000 and 50000 that's used on the server end to receive packets from UDP 3074 on your end, TCP 3074 (I believe this is used by Demonware in connecting you to other players), UDP 3076 (???), TCP 443 and many others. Of course there are supposedly others according to port forwarding guides (such as 3478-3480, 1935, 9308 etc) but I've done everything from forwarding nothing and disabling UPnP to forwarding 1 through 65535. Prioritising certain ports with traffic prio/hyper lane doesn't seem to make a difference either, despite others' claims that there's always a "magic" setting.

Honestly I wouldn't bother wasting your time with any of that additional forwarding mate, unless you find your game also uses 3075 or 3076, or you need 9307 for chat parties for example.

Edit: Since you mention 27015-27035, you must be on Steam right? Isn't that a Counterstrike-specific range? I've seen a few mentions of it after a Google search as I wasn't familiar with those ports lol

11 minutes ago, stalker4hire- said:

Battlenet this year. Just going off of what port forward.com reports as required ports for bo4. 

Ah okay, fair enough. Maybe those ports are the PC equivalent to our 1935 and 3478-3480 (I can't figure out what these do just off Google searches alone 🤨). 

That guide seems more accurate than Activision's because 3074 isn't missing from the PS4 list like this: 

Screenshot_20181127-084026.thumb.png.1b5571483da5ae5cb84822519abcf6f9.png

If you haven't already I guess it'd be a good idea to forward everything from the guide you found and test it out for a full gaming session. If there's no difference you could always revert back to UPnP only. I'm sorry; I wish I had experience on PC to share my opinion on messing with those ports and whether or not it has any effect lol

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, stalker4hire- said:

We hear you loud and clear - our devs are aware of a few UPnP bugs, and hopefully they can take priority at some point. Thank you for giving us so much information about it, super useful! :)