WiFi Drop

Azlios

So I was previously having WiFi issues and recently removed my BT Smart Hub from my set up and now just have the Duma plugged into an Openreach Modem. Everything was working great until this evening where all my WiFi dropped again, I've pasted what the system log said at the time. The fix is super simple all I have to do is change the WiFi channel on the duma to a different channel, 6, and then go back to the one I was on, 11, that was suggested by a network analyser. As I'm sure you can understand I dont want to really be doing that constantly.

Any Ideas?

Running - R1 2.1.3.29

System Log:

Thu Nov 15 23:35:21 2018 user.warn com.netdumasoftware.settings: Error opening wireless-mirror with error wireless-mirror: No such file or directory.

Thu Nov 15 23:35:18 2018 kern.info kernel: [211603.328000] send: nf_ct_get failed

Thu Nov 15 23:35:18 2018 kern.info kernel: [211603.328000] recv: nf_ct_get failed

Thu Nov 15 23:35:11 2018 kern.info kernel: [211596.532000] recv: nf_ct_get failed

Thu Nov 15 23:34:55 2018 kern.info dpiclass-daemon: Kill flow due to timeout

Thu Nov 15 23:34:47 2018 daemon.warn odhcpd[846]: Failed to send to ff02::1%br-lan (Operation not permitted)

I had my first wifi ever with my R1 yesterday. 

My friends R1 drops constantly. Always hear him raging over xbox live chat. The xbox stays online fine as it's an LAN. It's just the wifi devices that cut out

= raging netflix wife

Reboot and its fine. 

My dropout is only since milestone firmware. If it happens again, will post log

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, kboogie23 said:

I have this also after a reboot.

nf_ct_get failed

Netduma_Log.png

Are you encountering any issues? If not don't worry, don't look for issues if you don't have them

19 minutes ago, XmasTeaTowel said:

I had my first wifi ever with my R1 yesterday. 

My friends R1 drops constantly. Always hear him raging over xbox live chat. The xbox stays online fine as it's an LAN. It's just the wifi devices that cut out

= raging netflix wife

Reboot and its fine. 

My dropout is only since milestone firmware. If it happens again, will post log

I know old firmware it was a definite thing, are they on previous firmware?

Great thanks!

On 11/18/2018 at 8:26 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you encountering any issues? If not don't worry, don't look for issues if you don't have them

I know old firmware it was a definite thing, are they on previous firmware?

Great thanks!

Just had second wifi drop ever. 

Only since Newest DumaOS 

R1 2.1.3.29

Kids said Spongbob wasn't loading... Refreshed browser on phone, nothing.. Xbox still OK because on LAN. 

Reboot, instant on. Next time I'll try grab the log. I know my friends does it often. (old and new firmware) 

Tried changing to Psk2 + different channel after last drop. Lasted a week. 

• Administrators

Thanks - you can never say for sure but I'd be surprised if there was anything in the latest firmware that affected this area. We didn't change any of the wireless settings etc.

Let us know if it happens again and any info if possible.