Only Great Connection when Upgraded

Blue777

Well Ive noticed that my R1 only works as a charm everytime I reset or reupgrade the device (you know those matches with crispy shots) and also only works 3 or 4 matches (halo 5) after that It works just like my ISP router 

So Ive been trying many things I used to do on the old firmware like "Flushing the cloud" or simply disconnect the R1 and my router and then reconnect them a minute later but as a hard core gamer disconnecting and reconnecting every single time I want to play is kind of a hassle for me 

Any insight on how to make the R1 work flawlessly every session I play without " pre game rituals" 

Also the Flush Cloud Button is not working (It wasnt working on the first release of dOS anyway)

Netd.jpg

Netd2.jpg

• Administrators

Okay well its kind of hard to say what could be causing that. Lets look at the differences. Is there anything you notice on the Geo-Filter perhaps when it goes from playing well to not as good? 

The flush cloud can occur if:

• QoS is too restricted
  • Can't access our server for some reason

First can be resolved by not restricting bandwidth as heavily, second by waiting a little while before trying again. We are seeing some people experiencing the issue so we're also looking into it.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, DARTHXX said:

Yep got that error too a day ago... but wasn’t restricting my bandwidth that much! Got 200 down 10 up and if I remember well got qos up and down @70 %

Likely the latter two reasons then, it's being looked into but shouldn't need to use that option unless advised to

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The flush cloud can occur if:

• QoS is too restricted
  • Can't access our server for some reason

Well I have my anti buffer off, both slides at 100%, share excess on and also I tried 100% bandwith on the device im using to browse on the R1, still have that error 

Well I actually didnt changed anything on my previous R1 setup, and just upgraded to the first DoS release, well it worked awesome for like an hour turned off the console and the next day the R1 performance was pretty average, 

Now with the new DoS release I experienced the same, great matches for like an hour, no issues, I actually had a lot of fun tbh, having great connection is a bless but after turning off the console the next day the R1 was perfoming pretty much average again

I really dont know what is really causing this inconsistency but Ill keep diggin on it,

Tried several combinations of settings to make that cloud flush button work again, but no luck so far

Ill keep you guys posted

• Administrators

Flush cloud probably isn't anything on your end then in that case, we'll be looking into it. Just try it once a day or so and see if it works. 

Could you try port forwarding with these rules and see if it improves your experience please: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/26961-i-think-port-forwarding-has-saved-my-black-ops-experience/?do=findComment&comment=197826

Hey Fraser , today I looked at the system informations and saw something weird in my log! Or maybe you can tell me if there is something wrong or if it is ok,pls?

Kill flow due to timeout messages and a lot of it!

A lot of nf-ct-get failed messages !

in the last pictures something about cloudsync , possible something to do with the error I get when trying to flush cloud?362D02E2-EEA8-4586-95A8-C83BE4995598.thumb.jpeg.ee466c0fa99b195ee57c846e7365af72.jpeg

help very appreciated!

A779B050-D175-4DEC-8913-43A3187F4D48.jpeg

6D03025D-1853-4E91-B5FA-FA3AF91E964A.jpeg

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Maybe something in the recent update then, we're looking into it and will hopefully find the cause to resolve. It's not too much of a big deal as you shouldn't need to flush cloud unless advised to

Can you pls have a Look at the pictures above? I do not know if there are problaby some serious probs with my connection or with my r1 unit ! But failed , kill flow due to timeout ect. do not seem to sound very good , I think!

Whats up fraser, tried to Port Forward the ports mentioned but It did barely something either way my router is in DMZ mode, feels kinda the same lol, also I noticed that UpnP sometimes works and shows a teredo port opened but sometimes its not showing anything, Cloud Flush button still not working with 1 attmp every 12 hours

DoS definetly feels better than R1 og Os but something is missing here, Ill keep trying several configurations and keep you guys posted, any input on any other configuration on the ISP router aside from putting it in DMZ mode???

Thank you everyone at Netduma, this is a great consumer experience!

• Netduma Staff

My advice to you would be to ignore Flush Cloud for the time being. It's a kinda' niche option - it might seem like clicking that would help with connecting to Black Ops 4, but really that's rarely the case (and only if there's a new cloud version available, which there isn't at the minute). If you're desperate to get it working then you could downgrade (CAREFULLY!) and upgrade again, but I wouldn't advise it.

Port Forwarding improving gameplay is a longshot - other players are reporting that it helps, but we believe it's a placebo effect. If you've got an open NAT there's no reason why it should help.

What's your ping to the game server? Have you tried setting your Geo-Filter up in a different way? I'd recommend trying out Ping Assist - set your 'home' location in the ocean with your Distance slider at the minimum value, then set Ping Assist to around 40ms. That works brilliantly in BO4 - let us know how it goes!