Milestone 1.3 is now out on the Netduma R1!

Netduma Admin

Hello i was wondering when the new firmware was dropping? I  Got an email to try it and i went back to find it and its gone now!   Im having ALOT Of trouble getting DDOSed on Xbox 1, Playing Rainbow 6 Siege,  I Wanna Buy A VPN,  But im still On The OG firmware and the only option is Hide My Ass,   Is there any way around that say if i bought Nord VPN?     Im not really sure how to use a VPN, Im kinda New to it, But im getting Dosed So much now since ive hit PLAT 2 On R6S Its not even fun anymore!   After the first round if i get a few kills some little kid with mommy's credit card hits me offline!  And im not sure how there even pulling my IP,  Im Not Messaging them,  Im Not joining there party,  But they will even Message me My IP And Where I Live?  And tell me that i need a better router!?    Im sure sure whats going on here?    It never use to happen like this... Can anyone help me out here with this?

Thank you very much, Matthew

• Administrators
9 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Hello i was wondering when the new firmware was dropping? I  Got an email to try it and i went back to find it and its gone now!   Im having ALOT Of trouble getting DDOSed on Xbox 1, Playing Rainbow 6 Siege,  I Wanna Buy A VPN,  But im still On The OG firmware and the only option is Hide My Ass,   Is there any way around that say if i bought Nord VPN?     Im not really sure how to use a VPN, Im kinda New to it, But im getting Dosed So much now since ive hit PLAT 2 On R6S Its not even fun anymore!   After the first round if i get a few kills some little kid with mommy's credit card hits me offline!  And im not sure how there even pulling my IP,  Im Not Messaging them,  Im Not joining there party,  But they will even Message me My IP And Where I Live?  And tell me that i need a better router!?    Im sure sure whats going on here?    It never use to happen like this... Can anyone help me out here with this?

Thank you very much, Matthew

Did you get an actual invite or a confirmation of sign up? You can still use any VPN on the original firmware, all you need to do is obtain the OpenVPN configuration files from the provider and paste it into the advanced section. Sometimes it can be a little tricky so if you get it and have trouble make a topic and we'll be happy to help.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I Got An Invite but i read it and now i cant find it in my email anywhere, Freaking Gmail for ya,    But I Another question,  Is there any trick to get full speed out of the R1,   I Just upgraded to 400Mb Down, And 20 Up,   with CC Bandwidth set i have it set even at 450 because i  know its a lil flaky on the true speed, And have the up a t 22, And i'm getting almost 25 up, And only around 250-300 down, And that's not consistent,  If i go straight to the modem alone i'm pick almost 500,   Like always about 450Mbps,    I tried tweaking a few things around,  Making sure Super Turbo mode was off so i can still  Us CC,  Took of Deep Pack Processing,   Did not like duma Handle the speed itself,    the algorithm is on Reactive also,   Just not pulling the speeds, And this is on a Cable not wifi!     I Thought the R1 was capable of running 500Mb Down?  Am i wrong here?  Anyone having this trouble,  So can move this to a new thread,  But still wanted to answer your question about the New Firmware update,  Is there anyway you could send me another email so i can down load it and try try it out,  You know i found alot of issues with the first one,  Im Not just going to run it just to say i have it, Im actually going to try to work with it and find some stuff out about it ya know?   Im sure you can check to see if i was really sent one,   But yes i really was!

And as always, Thanks for all your times guys!  I love this site,   Everyone helping everyone!      Thanks again!  

Matthew 

• Administrators
15 hours ago, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Yes I Got An Invite but i read it and now i cant find it in my email anywhere, Freaking Gmail for ya,    But I Another question,  Is there any trick to get full speed out of the R1,   I Just upgraded to 400Mb Down, And 20 Up,   with CC Bandwidth set i have it set even at 450 because i  know its a lil flaky on the true speed, And have the up a t 22, And i'm getting almost 25 up, And only around 250-300 down, And that's not consistent,  If i go straight to the modem alone i'm pick almost 500,   Like always about 450Mbps,    I tried tweaking a few things around,  Making sure Super Turbo mode was off so i can still  Us CC,  Took of Deep Pack Processing,   Did not like duma Handle the speed itself,    the algorithm is on Reactive also,   Just not pulling the speeds, And this is on a Cable not wifi!     I Thought the R1 was capable of running 500Mb Down?  Am i wrong here?  Anyone having this trouble,  So can move this to a new thread,  But still wanted to answer your question about the New Firmware update,  Is there anyway you could send me another email so i can down load it and try try it out,  You know i found alot of issues with the first one,  Im Not just going to run it just to say i have it, Im actually going to try to work with it and find some stuff out about it ya know?   Im sure you can check to see if i was really sent one,   But yes i really was!

And as always, Thanks for all your times guys!  I love this site,   Everyone helping everyone!      Thanks again!  

Matthew 

In theory it is capable of those speeds but only with QoS turned completely off i.e. enabling both turbo and super turbo modes so you can't have both unfortunately as the hardware just isn't powerful enough. I'll get the team to check and resend you the email.

Maybe its time to buy a new router I Guess,   Whats all running duma OS these days?   Just the Netgear's?  Or is Asus running it now too?   And Thank you, I Just tried it with SUPER TURBO On, An CC OFF, Its Its Getting almost the 500,  I Only have a 400 down package but it almost hits 500!  Same with upload,  i have a 20mb up and  getting almost 30up!  :)      And Ran the test again, And Got Good across the board,  Was  Bad Terrible and Bad! LOL,  No matter what i tried with the CC on,  Even moving the sliders down to 20-20,  Nothing i could do it was just bad!    :(   And man I Love CC!   I Love Cranking it down to like 8-8 playing COD and wrecking house!  LOL i become unstoppable! LOL   

Ping

Jitter

Spikes

Packet Loss

Good Good Good No Loss

'

On 7/12/2020 at 5:41 PM, IGotzPotatoAim said:

Just Ordered the  NETGEAR Nighthawk Pro Gaming AC2600 WiFi Router and Switch Bundle (XR500 + GS808E)   Got a Discount and 10% off that $251 "US" out the door!   Not bad!  :) Just The Switch is like 90 bucks!    Lets see how this bad boy does! :)

Nice one, I hope you like it!