Is it me?

Macca65

Or the game.? I have seen posts with games saying their KD has improved since getting the R1. I can honestly say it has made no difference to me in that respect, but I am not concerned with my KD it's the enjoyment and that's why I play.

I tried a few games FFA and I was constantly losing every gun battle! To me it appeared I had to empty my magazine into an opponent to get a hit detection never mind a kill.

I played a few games of HHKC, my favourite, and there were players with 45' 52, 45, kills etc with the next person in the twenties, or teens.

The law of averages would lead you to believe that you would eventually get a decent result, I suspect not, in my experience.

So is it me, the game, or the R1 or a combination off all 3.?

Hi Lukasz,

Yeah I have read those instructions countless times, and I generally have good internet diagnosis. I have all my setting correct as far as I can tell with the help of the wiki.

I have never been connected P2p as I constantly connect to Dedis, even when I appear to connect P2p it the goes to a dedi usually as the game commences, and it seems the dedi always give me the poor results lol

Its not you Macca its the game. When I first got the R1 I was rampaging on most games and after about a week I just kept getting put on dedi's.

It varies for me from day to day but of late it has been hard work to go positive.

A couple of weeks ago Myself and a gaming pal were topping the leader boards in HCDOM with 30 plus kills per game and 6-12 captures per round. Since then I struggle to get above 14 kills and 5 caps per game never mind per round.

I just set myself up with what I think will be good settings and play, it is what it is and it aint great but trying for challenges puts a bit of the fun back in.

Hi Bagsta,

I think you are right, I know I am not a great player, but better than the results suggest ( a leg end in my own lifetime)  did an internet diagnosis just now and had Good Exceptional, Exceptional and No packet loss, avg Ping was 14, so I don't think its the Duma, my ISP its looking like it's the GAME Lol

Like you I am just playing for the challenges, and trying out different weapons and tactics as I mainly rush around like a loony....

well its very strange for some people game is a lot more cnositsent then for others. Witch stornglly suggests game being wonky. I am playing FFA only so there is a lot less players to handle per game so thats maybe why my games are way more consisten. Anyway if you care to do all of the above we can run them see them maybe we can find something maybe not i think its wort traing. 

Hi Lukasz,

I have seen your post re settings, and have tried them out, they were very similar to what I had set out myself.  But I am in agreement with others in that the game is broken for some, others seem to have good experience others far from it.

But I appreciate you trying to help :)

I have set my upload to between 80 and 90% download at 70% with my ps4 gettings 33% of my bandwidth on congestion control and this has given me better results than 70/70

Hi Bagsta,

There's only me that uses the bandwidth, her indoors has a phone, she works shifts so I don't usually play when she's in so there's usually no demand from other sources, have tried the sliders in various positions to no avail

So will be returning to the monastery when I get slaughtered tonight ;)

I fell for you my friend my first beginning with duma was very similar though but it was having lots of issues with my connection during ISP jittery. After i have solved that its been fine for me.

also the settings stuff? like dsiabeling IPv6, unticeked multi cast snooping etc?

Hi Bagsta,

There's only me that uses the bandwidth, her indoors has a phone, she works shifts so I don't usually play when she's in so there's usually no demand from other sources, have tried the sliders in various positions to no avail

So will be returning to the monastery when I get slaughtered tonight ;)

Hey macca, if you are on PS4 maybe add me and one day or evening we could try joining up and going through a few settings and see if we cannot get things a bit better for you. Be easier than trying to to keep replying and reading on here mate. Im working tonight but am on most evenings solo up till about ten oclock when I join up with friends in the USA.

OK buddy Ill add you next time im on as I have my system set up that only friends can connect to me etc. It stops all the shite. lol

Probably add you tomorrow or when I finish about 02.00hrs tomorrow morning.

Let me know when is a good time for you this week and we can see if we can get things a bit better for you. :)

It's really the game. I gave up on it. No matter how tweaked, how low a ping I forced AW is going to screw you regardless. I've quit playing it... Except for the FFA today to be cannon fodder.

But I can't yet BO2 to work either... Ghosts works great as is, MW3 works really great if I load down my network and decent if I don't. BO1 works okay. Been a while since I played beyond those as most lobbies are hacked.

Archived