What's your ping at?

RolidSnake

Hi everyone,

I've just had my 1st solid evening of gaming with the R1 and was getting a solid 20ms ping all evening. Hit detection was spot on with very little lag in most of the lobbies.

What's your ping usually coming back at and does anyone have any tips on improving it further? Also, is 20ms concidered a good ping for gaming?

I have the ping assist set at 30ms at the moment if that helps?!

I'm currently testing it on CoD AW on PS4 using a wireless connection.

Thanks,

quichfaith

:)

• Netduma Staff

20ms is a really good ping!

It all depends on what your base ping is for whether you can improve it or not. You can find your base ping by running the internet diagnostics test and pressing the details button.

When I run a speed test, the results can vary from anywhere between 15ns and 50ms depending on where I test the ping to and also what time of day it is.

I'm pretty chuffed to maintain a solid 20ms on my 1st R1 outing and was just curious what results everyone else are getting!

I'm working on getting wired but the main phone line in the house is a million miles away from my gaming setup.

I'm currently living at my girlfriends mums house whilst we save up to buy somewhere for ourselves and I know for a fact she won't want me having wires everywhere for the time being!

Once we have our own place all my consoles will be wired in!

11ms is ridiculously fast. Is imagine you're getting a response similar to that of playing with bots (if you're using the R1 for CoD?!)

Suggestion,
with your Netduma, you know where the servers are. How about living in the areas where you'll be close to the servers? ==? PROFIT!

Hi everyone,

I've just had my 1st solid evening of gaming with the R1 and was getting a solid 20ms ping all evening. Hit detection was spot on with very little lag in most of the lobbies.

What's your ping usually coming back at and does anyone have any tips on improving it further? Also, is 20ms concidered a good ping for gaming?

Thanks,

quichfaith

I get 9.9ms to 10.6ms on most games :) as for going wired get some Powerline Adaptors they work great and you can go wired anywhere in the house. Heres a link to them.

Well in my opinion 20ms or 11ms fells almous the smae remeber weare talking here about mili seconds in avrage is form 15 ms to 17 and europien server 20 to 30 and to be honest if in all of thia situation gaming expirence is free of jetteri in other word when ping i stable and its not spjking then i done really feel the diference onb15 or 30.

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

quichfaith

I get 9.9ms to 10.6ms on most games  :) as for going wired get some Powerline Adaptors they work great and you can go wired anywhere in the house. Heres a link to them.

Funny you should mention these, I literally ordered a set before I went to bed last night.

I'll let you know if they make a difference.

I was just about to offer you a pair of powerline adaptors free as I have 2 that no longer work on my upgraded network.

You would think that with my low ping it would be like playing against bots but alas no it isn't. It is way better than without the R1 and most games I do go positive now but AW is a terrible game that was not thought out enough in my humble opinion. The R1 is probably the only reason I can still play this game without breaking stuff. lol

It is more of a who saw who first twitch shooter than a classic cod like cod4.

I was just about to offer you a pair of powerline adaptors free as I have 2 that no longer work on my upgraded network.

You would think that with my low ping it would be like playing against bots but alas no it isn't. It is way better than without the R1 and most games I do go positive now but AW is a terrible game that was not thought out enough in my humble opinion. The R1 is probably the only reason I can still play this game without breaking stuff. lol

It is more of a who saw who first twitch shooter than a classic cod like cod4.

Awww man, that's just bad timing on my behalf!

Maybe there's someone else on the forum that may benefit from them instead?

I just tried a wired vs wireless speed test via my laptop and there wasn't much in it to be honest. Wired saw a 1-3ms ping improvement and a 20-30% download and upload increase. I hope that the powerline adapters translate a little better via console!

I agree with AW being labeled as a 'who saw who first', but it's still a fun game (when it runs smoothly). I think the fast movement has a lot to answer for on terms of hit detection etc and the SBMM is a little overkill this time around. I just hope Treyarch nail BO3! BO2 was a lag fest for myself and I hope that's not the case this time around now I have the R1!

My average is 11 on ping diagnostics and seems to be around 15 when playing AW (thanks to the geofilter ;) )

At the moment i've got CAT 6 running from my Sky router downstairs to the R1 my office room upstairs (not the most tidy setup but i live alone lol)

I have a couple powerline adapters which i expect i will use again soon, i don't seem lose anything speed/ping wise using them.

Archived