How to make this game work? Tried everything it seems

slugg

Let's just say for the sake of argument I'm talking about cod games in general. They have always been spotty for me since cod4 mw. I've had various isps, modems and routers since then. I've tried everything I feel like and still playing core for me is like playing hardcore at least on the receiving end because they sure don't die fast for me. In fact I have to put twice as many rounds into an enemy to kill than normal but they 2 tap me no matter the gun or which enemy player it is at least on my screen. Watch the kill cam and they hosed me down but that's not what happened on my screen. I had the R1, it didn't help. I have the XR500 it doesn't help. Yes I've used the geo filter the anti-buffer bloat etc but it doesn't help. I always get local dedicated servers and it doesn't help. I use geo filter to try further away servers it doesn't help. NAT is open but it doesn't help. Ports are open but it doesn't help. I've tried throttling it doesn't help. My current isp is Spectrum cable on a 300 down 20 up plan. I live in the Southeastern United states. Had AT&T gigabit for a while but it didn't change anything or made it worse honestly. I really do not know where to go from here. I don't have near the problems with others games such as Battlefield for example. For reference I game on xbox, ps4 and pc. The experience with cod on these different platforms has been the same. Once in a blue moon I'll get a lobby where they can't kill me it seems and I go 50-4 in tdm. Very, very rare for that to happen. It seems this game caters to laggy players but how do you work around that? It's the craziest thing I've ever seen. Where high pings used to get the boot (pc) now we cater to them. Why they can't just let them play together is beyond me.

If anyone can shed some light on something else to try it would be appreciated. I'm just looking for answers on how to make these games work.

only solution to god connection is move right next to a dedicated server other than that having an in game ping of 40-80 is normal for everyone who is not very near a server.

ive personally had a decent experience on lobbies with 40-80 ping , sure its not the best for us who want lowest ping as possible but i doubt itll get better, even if there was no server overload and other tick rate problems , if u live far from the dedicated server you will have high ping. 

i use the r1 and my geofilter is set up to cover 2 dedicated servers near to me within 400miles and my ping assist is set to 40. if i set the ping assist lower i wont connect to nothing as no server is lower than that. for black out just turn geo off as there is a handful of black out servers and geo will only create problems so i recommend turn it off when u play blackout or even zombies. so for u guys i recommend setting ur geo filter to cover your closest server/servers and set your ping assist to 40. ive heard duma os doesn't have ping assist option , maybe the duma is made so it connects automatically to a specific ping that users cant edit and its lower than the cod servers offer and thats why it dosnt work properly .am not sure but i cant help u there as i dont own one.

i also have my speeds throttle on the router to what speed test results. so for exaple i pay for 1 giga down and 40 mbs up, the speed test says my speed is 400 down and 40 up so i set that to my negear router qos. after that i throtle even more on the duma in congestion control to 10% down and 40%up . all this to combat bufferbloat and all was tested on dsl reports with results of a+

my set up is modem>netgear r8000 router> r1 netduma >ps4.

3 minutes ago, Javii said:

only solution to god connection is move right next to a dedicated server other than that having an in game ping of 40-80 is normal for everyone who is not very near a server.

ive personally had a decent experience on lobbies with 40-80 ping , sure its not the best for us who want lowest ping as possible but i doubt itll get better, even if there was no server overload and other tick rate problems , if u live far from the dedicated server you will have high ping. 

i use the r1 and my geofilter is set up to cover 2 dedicated servers near to me within 400miles and my ping assist is set to 40. if i set the ping assist lower i wont connect to nothing as no server is lower than that. for black out just turn geo off as there is a handful of black out servers and geo will only create problems so i recommend turn it off when u play blackout or even zombies. so for u guys i recommend setting ur geo filter to cover your closest server/servers and set your ping assist to 40. ive heard duma os doesn't have ping assist option , maybe the duma is made so it connects automatically to a specific ping that users cant edit and its lower than the cod servers offer and thats why it dosnt work properly .am not sure but i cant help u there as i dont own one.

i also have my speeds throttle on the router to what speed test results. so for exaple i pay for 1 giga down and 40 mbs up, the speed test says my speed is 400 down and 40 up so i set that to my negear router qos. after that i throtle even more on the duma in congestion control to 10% down and 40%up . all this to combat bufferbloat and all was tested on dsl reports with results of a+

my set up is modem>netgear r8000 router> r1 netduma >ps4.

Ping is not my problem. I always have 30ish ping when i connect to Atlanta server which is 2 hours away.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't really know what to suggest, I can only help with connection issues but it seems like you have everything set correctly. Maybe provide a video of your gameplay and we can better understand

I may do that.

2 hours ago, Macabi83 said:

Slug, you in south florida? if so connect to the atlanta server/ or nyc much better then Miami one, that one is broken, pings are wild.

The Miami one is so broken. It's a  14ms ping for me when I ping it and I play better on the Atlanta one which 25 ms.

2 hours ago, Macabi83 said:

That kinda sucks, and what luck I have, the closest one is broke, the server it self has huge ping spikes, I wonder what is wrong, same for you on that server uzumaki?

Yes same here bro. I feel like this server  wasnt  add on the cloud map. Because everytime I boot up my ps4. It show  you all the server on the map. The Florida one never show up on the map.What's worst is that this server act funny. You have to try more than one time before it appear on the map before you can get in a game. 

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Uzumaki619 said:

Yes same here bro. I feel like this server  wasnt  add on the cloud map. Because everytime I boot up my ps4. It show  you all the server on the map. The Florida one never show up on the map.What's worst is that this server act funny. You have to try more than one time before it appear on the map before you can get in a game. 

If its within your radius on boot then it may not actually show but it should be there

14 hours ago, Macabi83 said:

Slug, you in south florida? if so connect to the atlanta server/ or nyc much better then Miami one, that one is broken, pings are wild.

Alabama

Using geo filter on east coast US. Playing duos blackout. My screen hit once with auger and go down. Had 200 health and full level 1 armor. Check kill cam and he shot me 5 times. I don't understand how you are supposed to play a game like this.