Geo Filter map not showing any peers/hosts

Tripod

Downloaded the firmware just now, loaded into Destiny 2 on PC. Geo Filter is not showing a single host/peer. Settings are Strict Mode unticked, and Auto Ping Host ticked. I've set the distance allowed from recommended limit to max limit, zoomed in and zoomed out, just not seeing anything. This is in PvE and PvP.

Is there a setting I need to enable or is this just not functioning at present?

Cheers.

19 minutes ago, dav581005 said:

Not 100% sure but if on pc you have to change the device type to ps4 

Gee whiz that seems counter intuitive. You mean change it in the Device Manager and not in the Geo Filter where you add a device?

• Netduma Staff
6 hours ago, MaltedMilkhouse said:

Gee whiz that seems counter intuitive. You mean change it in the Device Manager and not in the Geo Filter where you add a device?

That advice is correct - on some PC games you will need to change your device type to a console. We know this is counter intuitive - it's one of those aspects of DumaOS that's really bugging us. I can't see it lasting for long; it's just a phenomenon caused by the way it's currently coded.

It will work though - make sure to delete your device from the Geo-Filter before changing the device type. Destiny 2 has an incredibly complex network setup to begin with (I play Destiny 2 myself) so the Geo-Filter is best used for Crucible / Gambit, and maybe strikes. I'm not so sure about PVE activities but give it a go!

It's worth saying that what you're experiencing right now is the birth / foundations of DumaOS. It's going to flourish over time, and there's news incoming about what's to come!

9 hours ago, dav581005 said:

Again not 100% but I think it is in the geo filter where you add device there have been a couple of posts about peers not showing up when using pc if you have a look back through the posts sorry don't know how to link you to them 

Thanks mate.

4 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

That advice is correct - on some PC games you will need to change your device type to a console. We know this is counter intuitive - it's one of those aspects of DumaOS that's really bugging us. I can't see it lasting for long; it's just a phenomenon caused by the way it's currently coded.

It will work though - make sure to delete your device from the Geo-Filter before changing the device type. Destiny 2 has an incredibly complex network setup to begin with (I play Destiny 2 myself) so the Geo-Filter is best used for Crucible / Gambit, and maybe strikes. I'm not so sure about PVE activities but give it a go!

It's worth saying that what you're experiencing right now is the birth / foundations of DumaOS. It's going to flourish over time, and there's news incoming about what's to come!

Thanks Jack, that did the job.

Otherwise no complaints, played for about 6 hours. No error codes from Destiny, the DumaOS itself is fantastic. Quite a few menu options have been streamlined, I also like not having to switch profiles to non gaming etc, just turning the anti-bufferbloat off. 

Impressive!

• 3 months later...
  • Netduma Staff
2 hours ago, brewer234 said:

I am having the same issue, nothing showing up in the geofilter when playing Destiny 2. I deleted the device but when I went to add it there did not seem to be an option to add as a PS4 device.

Firmware Version2.1.3.29

DumaOS Version1.3.29

Hi, welcome to the forum! I'd highly recommend making your own thread on this topic - this post is really old so not many people will actually see it / be able to help.

Is your PS4 on the Device Manager? Have you compared the IP address for it on the Device Manager to your console network settings IP address?