XR500 - Black Ops 4 - Wrong Region /Location in Network Settings

John Doe

Hi

I have a problem with the XR500. I play Black Ops 4 on the PS4 Pro and when the game Starts it puts me in a Wrong Region or better say in a wrong Town 250km from my Location. I am from Vienna, but when i go into the Network Settings ingame it shows me in Wolfsegg am Hausruck which is a little village far far away from me. Bc of that (i think) i have issues with the Ping (lowest 67ms to Frankfurt the closest Server) and also the use of the Geo Filter is limited. Is there a Solution r has anybody some simmilar Issues with the Region and Location? When i hook up my old R6800 it puts me into Vienna without changing anything just straight in.

Pls for help, thx in advance.

Greetz

• Administrators

That won't affect it, that in game region is not 100% accurate. I think you'll find it happens with the Geo-Filter disabled as well. That won't impact your ping so I wouldn't worry about that. Is that ping what the Geo-Filter says or in game?

Yeah with the Geofilter disabled too, but when i change router it goes away. What i do not understand is when i use my old Netgear R6800 it shows the right location to the meter. But when i switch it to the XR500 it dislocates me that far. My base Ping is <5ms and in other Games like BF1 & OW i get around 20ms. But with BO4 i am around 60-70ms when located to EU Server as Frankfurt, London, Paris. Ingame Ping. Geofilter says around 10ms less r so. Maybe its that 20Hz topic as now or i dont know ;)

Is there anything i can do or change on the XR500 the get the right Location out into the BO4 Network settings?

• Administrators

Not sure why that would be but I assure you it won't be causing any issues and I wouldn't know what you could do to alter it. 

They include things like processing delay etc, all games have it but they don't all necessarily show it. You cannot do anything about them at all, no one can control them. All you can do is get your ping to the server as low as possible which is what the Geo-Filter does/shows so just focus on that.

I had the same issue on my dumar1 a few times before  reporting wrong locations

How i solved it was either these two ways factory reset my dumar1  and put my home exactly where i live on map

Or rebooted router wigh my geo set other my exact locatipn solved the problem

I hope this might help you