Black Ops 3 Dedicated servers? Hope not!

mxHOLGE

Anyone knows if Bo3 will use dedicated servers?

Dedicated servers is a nightmare for me to play on..constant ping 50-60 for me. If some of the forum members wonder why I got high ping is because I live in Sweden and I connect to the Amsterdam and UK servers...The lag comp is not on my side even if I change the up/down speed.

Hi, I live in Costa Rica I play all the time in USA most of the time I'm getting ping of 60 ms even 80 ms I'm doing OK before netduma my KD was lower than 1.0 now is 1.50 keep in mind also this, playing on TV is not recommended playing on 24 1 ms response monitor is very important also the quality of your Internet line is very important other tips like using kontrol freaks it helps, this router is amazing but call of duty is 50/50 tools plus skills :)

I'm all for dedicated servers if they actually have you connect to ones in your region, and have them in more regions. That is the issue with the dedis in AW. So if they can't provide that, I would rather just have p2p back. I'd take Mw3 host disadvantage over AW dedis any day.

I'm all for dedicated servers if they actually have you connect to ones in your region, and have them in more regions. That is the issue with the dedis in AW. So if they can't provide that, I would rather just have p2p back. I'd take Mw3 host disadvantage over AW dedis any day.

yes, your right in America, they have dedicated servers just in USA and just one in south america, i don't understand why the place one dedi in south america and not even one in central america or mexico, our region connects to USA and that makes dedicated servers to be heavily overloaded.

Even there they don't have one in the northeast and I end up connecting to Seattle Washington the majority of the time. You would think they would have one situated in New York being that it has a gigantic population... but that would make too much sense.

Of course they're gonna have dedi's in BO3,it's what we've all bitched about for years and now no one want's them.And yes I was one of the ones bitching about getting them and then the duma came into my life.I agree with Dansby if they were done right dedi's would be great but I have a feeling they will concentrate on pleasing the 10 year olds (with QS and NS) as opposed to making the dedi's preform as they should.

Fuzzy nailed this one, and I am afraid of the consequences as well.  For YEARS every YT'er have been rallying about dedis.  Then we got exactly what we ALL wanted (me included, I drank that dedi Kool-aid by the gallon) and now everyone is back-peddling.  We did it to ourselves, we can't complain that the developers actually listened...LOL

Yo Fuzzy - on the question of QS/NS, I have been watching some videos man.  I have to say, right now based on what I have seen, I am LOVING the reduced size of the hit box and the lack of true aim assist.  I suspect sniping will still be annoying, but I don't anticipate it being as successful as it was in Blops 2.  Granted, I said "successful" as in groups of 3 or 4 guys running a lobby.  People will flock to it by the metric shit ton (that's a technical expression kids), but I honestly don't think it will be as powerfully game breaking this go around.

Pistols on the other hand.   Implied_ef9195_574463.jpg

@ Dillinger bro I hope your right on the QS/NS.I just know that Von has always catered to the kids when it comes to that part of the game.My friend and I started QS on BO2 just out of curiosity to see how difficult it was or wasn't and I gotta say we both have never done it before and we seemed to catch on pretty quick.

I'm not gonna say it take's no skill to do as I know it does.But IMO the skill is in the timing of the shot and not really "raw skill" as a QS

And love that pic in the post... :D

Even there they don't have one in the northeast and I end up connecting to Seattle Washington the majority of the time. You would think they would have one situated in New York being that it has a gigantic population... but that would make too much sense.

When I let my gaming buddy in Connecticut host we always connect to a dedi just south of him about exactly where NY is. Im surprised you have never connected to it.

It plays pretty well too

There is a dedicated server in NYC. In fact, it's one of the famous Choopa servers everybody in the CoD Community knows about.

There are dedicated servers throughout the U.S., but they are "hidden" because I know the Kansas City server exists -- I can't rate it whenever I play on it -- But it's not on the map of official servers a user posted on the forum some time ago. Lucky for me, I will just stay on this server until the end of CoD since it's an official dedicated one and I ping only 40ms to it.

P2P works in theory, but the problem is it relies on player numbers... Something AW didn't have... And quality of the hosts internet connection. It doesn't take that much to host a match (upload bandwidth), but it's the quality of that connection to and from the host that effects the game the most. Especially, when people from oceans away connect and it throws the whole lobby off.

RE: Quickscoping and NoScoping...

The big difference I am sure everybody is aware of by now is no aim-assist which is where most of the QS got their "skill" from. That and latency. With no aim-assist a lot of these kids are going to have learn how to actually aim for once and it's not going to be pretty... In a good way - lol.

I QuickScope, but AW nerfed it considering the huge penalties when trying to do it e.g. the scope will zoom into a random place when you ADS; ADS is super slow compared to other weapons, etc. You are forced to "Hard Scope", or snipe like a normal sniper does, but they also ruined this because of the over exaggerated sway in the scope even with a Ballistic CPU. You don't see people QSing in AW compared to any other CoD regardless, if there is a One Shot playlist, or not. QS is another skill they took out because AW is all about 10-year olds running around, boost jumping 20' in the air and hitting you from across the map with the ASM1 without any effort whatsoever.

@ Dillinger bro I hope your right on the QS/NS.I just know that Von has always catered to the kids when it comes to that part of the game.My friend and I started QS on BO2 just out of curiosity to see how difficult it was or wasn't and I gotta say we both have never done it before and we seemed to catch on pretty quick.

I'm not gonna say it take's no skill to do as I know it does.But IMO the skill is in the timing of the shot and not really "raw skill" as a QS

And love that pic in the post... :D

I have picked up more than one well equipped stick and tried to QS with it.  Sometimes it works great and sometimes I am left looking up from a puddle of my own blood because I couldn't hit sand if I fell of a damn camel.   :huh:

To legitimately QS, it takes some timing and skill.  I have no doubt about that at all.  Now if you have a controller that allows you to ADS and shoot with one button, and you have an automatic "simulate me pulling the trigger really fast" controller so your semi automatic rifle fires as fast as an AR, you are just a coward and deserve the tea-bag I am going to be giving you.

I have been watching a lot of the sniper gameplays, because I have concerns as we all do about the ability to one shot end my streak from anywhere, that is annoying as shit.

The hit boxes seem to be a lot smaller.  That may be because they haven't tuned it.  It may because the Aim Assist isn't effecting the boltguns as it has in past games.  I don't know, but being a rusher who likes to push the action, I have not YET seen anything that would give me serious pause about playing versus some Randy's with sniper classes**.

**Until you get to the fast hands switch over to the overpowered pistols.  I am sure most of you have seen the link that Thunder threw up to Optic Espanol's channel where he got the highest rated streak in a game of K/C running just the new version of the B23R (three shot, 1911 looking pistol).  That shit is OP as f*ck right now and I can already see broken controllers abounding when someone switches over to one of these hand-held tactical nukes and wipes out a flawless or a high streak.  :angry:

that NYC server is horrid for me to connect to, along with Chicago... try to limit my R1 geofilter to not include those.

About the dedicated servers, I am in Ontario Canada, and I connect to the Seattle and Chicago servers, based on the game type selected. They are generally horrible to play on, but also terribly inconsistent. I ping 25ms to the chicago Server, and get mind blowing delay a lot of the time. P2P at 40-60ms gives me way better hit detection. Is it the way the servers are coded?

Also what is weird, is I can connect P2P to a host within 100 kms of me, and I get a 60-70ms ping. How is this possible?

Best way to use the Netduma with AW is to become Host, using the method already described. There is virtually no lag compensation for Host in this game. 

On a side note, I disabled the Geo filter during the day,while searching for a Hardpoint game to see where AW would connect me to. It connected me to a host in the Middle east at 160ms ping. Thank God for the R1 Netduma. 

Archived