Hello everyone, to see if you can solve a question I have with the XR500.
It is normal that the only way that the online TV and IPTV applications that I have installed on my Smart TV work either by deactivating the QoS?
if this is active it is very delayed and many times they do not even connect.

Make sure share excess is checked in the QoS flower advanced menu (top left)

Do you have trouble with TV applications on a console or PC?

How are the devices that you're having trouble with connected? Wired, wireless?

A screenshot of your QoS page might be helpful.

Asegúrese de que el exceso de participación estética esté activado en el menú avanzado de QoS flower (arriba a la izquierda)

¿Tiene problemas con las aplicaciones de TV en una consola o PC?

¿Cómo están conectados los dispositivos con los que está teniendo problemas? ¿Alámbrico, inalámbrico?

Una captura de pantalla de su página de QoS podría ser útil.

Thanks for the prompt response, share excess is on, the problem I have the same wired or wifi.
 The only applications I have on TV, are Movistar and Smart IPTV.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Please follow the above advice.

As well as this disable Traffic Prioritization in case it is being prioritised. Have you enabled IGMP/IPTV in WAN settings also?

Traffic Prioritization = QoS? 

Unmarked? IGMP should be ticked. It might be that DPI is dropping the packets, if you try to watch with QoS on do you see lots of packets updating in Unprioritized packets in Traffic Prioritization?

Slight tangent, in System information there is a network status pane where the tooltip says unprioritized packets did not reach destination. This count has remained 0 for me since I got the router. Is the unprioritized packets count in the QoS page a different thing, are these packets being not delivered?

• Administrators

Slight tangent, in System information there is a network status pane where the tooltip says unprioritized packets did not reach destination. This count has remained 0 for me since I got the router. Is the unprioritized packets count in the QoS page a different thing, are these packets being not delivered?

Unprioritized in Sys info is packet loss essentially. QoS is slightly different is that they're strategically dropped packets

High Priority 

Background

Download

Total Packets

Unprioritized Packets

High Priority 

Background

Is this updating when IPTV is on?

Im not sure exactly but they will have a better idea supporting IPTV

How about he adds his iptv box to dmz? Just incase 1 or 2 ports are not opening!

¿Qué tal si se agrega su caja de iptv a dmz? Solo en caso de que 1 o 2 puertos no se abran!

Thanks, I have already tried it and there are no changes, it seems that there is some kind of problem with the QoS, the only solution is to turn it off.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks, I have already tried it and there are no changes, it seems that there is some kind of problem with the QoS, the only solution is to turn it off.

I'd highly recommend contacting Netgear support on this issue also - let us know how this goes!