New fake update ?

• Netduma Staff
1 minute ago, xlr8r said:

.. i think the damage was done long ago.. and jumping into bed with Netgear was your greatest mistake....

Not at all - it's a big step, and big transition, but it effectively means you can have the best software running on the best hardware in the world. It's only the beginning, and whilst it's been a rocky road for our original R1 users it's about to get a whole lot less rocky.

We're soon to be entering a phase of feature releases now that initial obstacles and major issues have been ironed out. No other router software can do what DumaOS can do, and no other router software will be upgraded as often and for as many years as DumaOS. I hope you're around to see that.

Guest Killhippie
46 minutes ago, xlr8r said:

had enough, buying the Asus RT-AC86U to run on Merlin firmware.

XR500 going on eBay ....

I can live without Geo Filter....

Good luck I hope the Asus does what you need. Sadly stirring up negative attitude because you want something fast is not really needed. I think the team know now that giving dates is maybe a bad idea as so much can go on in the background that can slow things down. You were even told by Fraser that he was trying to get a Beta of the VPN Hybrid. This update just released was about bug fixing and we pretty much knew that which is why Fraser gave early versions out.

Back in March they were setting out with Netgear,  a huge company and I don't know the complexity's of writing the software to link in with Netgears firmware for these router and the XR700 and the DumaOS release coming to the R1. Thats a lot to do for a small team and I'm sure lessons have been leaned all round, but Its sad to see such negativity here. Nothing ever goes as smoothly as people would like in many areas of our lives, even home DIY can take longer than expected! As for complex devices like routers with complex firmware I expect bugs  to come up that may take precedent over features. Is is  probably is par for the course with many routers from what I have seen over the years.

The team I think are being as transparent as they can be and probably have their own  NDA's  and maybe working with Netgear gives them experience with more powerful hardware, maybe a needed injection of cash who knows, I don't know, but I am grateful for what I have from them and get that new features will arrive when fully baked. This thread feels like just an attack on Netduma thats not warranted. We all have to learn patience  whether we like it or not sometimes. I think this thread should be locked as its just going to turn into a round of playground semantics it sadly seems. :(