Anyone else struggling to find WW2 lobbies

Hi

I seem to be having sporadic issues finding lobbies on pS4. Will play a few games with no issues and then it will struggle to find a match.

I can see lots of connections within my geo radius but it isn't putting me in a game. The match making will also say it has found plenty of games. 

I usually end up rebooting several times in one session.

also a few times mid-game I'm pulled from the game and the online multiplayer loading screen immediately appears

I have tried the usual recommendations

- boot up without geo filter

- enable geo just before searching for a game

- geo radius is large covering most of Europe

Any ideas? I can see lots of connections so it isn't like there are no active games.

Have also rebooted router from the system menu but issue still occurs

Thanks

• Netduma Staff

If you disable the Geo-Filter entirely, do these issues still happen? Few things to check:

- Do you have an open NAT?

- Have you blocked the main dedicated servers?

Try removing any dedicated servers you've blocked from the Allow and Deny list. You should only block dedicated servers in specific circumstances.

7 hours ago, RiotControll said:

Same happens to me. Most of the time I need about some minutes to find or to get in a game of KC. 

Thanks Riot control. Looks like not many are playing KC. Even when all is working the R1 can only see a few games. I can struggle in TD. 

6 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

If you disable the Geo-Filter entirely, do these issues still happen? Few things to check:

- Do you have an open NAT?

- Have you blocked the main dedicated servers?

Try removing any dedicated servers you've blocked from the Allow and Deny list. You should only block dedicated servers in specific circumstances.

Thanks Netduma Jack

I have open NAT always.

Have tried refreshing the Block Servers list.

Disabling the geo filter completely doesn't seem to change anything.

I'm UK based and play in Europe usually if I increase radius to include the UK or turn off the geo filter the games yanks me back to the UK but even that isn't happening once things play up.

Just quite weird why I have loads of red circles within the geo and it just won't connect.

I can see in the match making process that it says (widening the search) then (narrowing) then widening and so on

• Netduma Staff

Hmm, okay that's concerning. With the Geo-Filter disabled the Netduma effectively acts like a standard router - there should be no filtering or blocking occurring in any way. If you disconnect the Netduma entirely do you still struggle to find a game?

If the answer to that is yes, then it's 100% an issue with the game or your local network. It could be that your ISP is blocking a port you need to play the game properly, though this is very rare (and should have presented itself by giving you a moderate or strict NAT I think). I don't think that's very common here in the UK either.

I'm thinking there are ongoing issues with WWII. Maybe it's due to the server migration in preparation for Black Ops 4. Did these issues ever used to happen?

2 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

Hmm, okay that's concerning. With the Geo-Filter disabled the Netduma effectively acts like a standard router - there should be no filtering or blocking occurring in any way. If you disconnect the Netduma entirely do you still struggle to find a game?

If the answer to that is yes, then it's 100% an issue with the game or your local network. It could be that your ISP is blocking a port you need to play the game properly, though this is very rare (and should have presented itself by giving you a moderate or strict NAT I think). I don't think that's very common here in the UK either.

I'm thinking there are ongoing issues with WWII. Maybe it's due to the server migration in preparation for Black Ops 4. Did these issues ever used to happen?

im having other issues with the game. currently im playing without the netduma just with my stadard router. after 3 hours playing it kicks me out from the game. it always says "there is a new playlist update available". then i have to reboot the ps4 but it takes very long to connect to the online service of ww2. its so annoying. i think playerbase is not that big on ww2. it doesnt matter what game mode i play, i see the same gamertags in the lobbies.

• Netduma Staff
3 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

im having other issues with the game. currently im playing without the netduma just with my stadard router. after 3 hours playing it kicks me out from the game. it always says "there is a new playlist update available". then i have to reboot the ps4 but it takes very long to connect to the online service of ww2. its so annoying. i think playerbase is not that big on ww2. it doesnt matter what game mode i play, i see the same gamertags in the lobbies.

I'm not sure what to suggest since it has nothing to do with the Netduma. Activision support might have a few suggestions. The main things to check are your NAT type (in-game and on the console) and your line quality (in case your line is so bad that the game is limiting your connections).

It could just be the player-base and the server migration in preparation for Black Ops 4 though. Maybe try the Blackout beta and see how that plays?

6 hours ago, JOE1305 said:

Interesting. I have never seen that message. I see the same gamertags in gridiron CTF but not mainstream TDM. There are loads of games found and connections in my radius. 

One thought, have you been buying the DLC? When new DLC comes out I think matchmaking tries to stay in the new maps which fragments the player base.

2 hours ago, Netduma Jack said:

I'm not sure what to suggest since it has nothing to do with the Netduma. Activision support might have a few suggestions. The main things to check are your NAT type (in-game and on the console) and your line quality (in case your line is so bad that the game is limiting your connections).

It could just be the player-base and the server migration in preparation for Black Ops 4 though. Maybe try the Blackout beta and see how that plays?

Line is very good in my opinion. Odd that rebooting seems to fix it. Even with geo turned off I seem to be held to a region.

No intention of going to BO4 or Blackout for me. WW2 has taught us to wait 6 months and even maybe, don,'t bother.

11 hours ago, Dan said:

Interesting. I have never seen that message. I see the same gamertags in gridiron CTF but not mainstream TDM. There are loads of games found and connections in my radius. 

One thought, have you been buying the DLC? When new DLC comes out I think matchmaking tries to stay in the new maps which fragments the player base.

i dont have the dlc and didnt even bought it. the last two weeks or so it happens alot to me that it kicks me out after i finished a match. i can easily find lobbies when i start playing but after 3 hours it kicks me out and i have to restart the ps4. and in the starting menue it takes almost forever to fetch my profile. pisses me off

26 minutes ago, JOE1305 said:

i dont have the dlc and didnt even bought it. the last two weeks or so it happens alot to me that it kicks me out after i finished a match. i can easily find lobbies when i start playing but after 3 hours it kicks me out and i have to restart the ps4. and in the starting menue it takes almost forever to fetch my profile. pisses me off

Me too. No DLC.

Fetching profile also takes an age even with geo filter off.

Are you playing your local servers or using geo filter to select something else. 

35 minutes ago, Dan said:

Me too. No DLC.

Fetching profile also takes an age even with geo filter off.

Are you playing your local servers or using geo filter to select something else. 

im now playing without the netduma because im rebuilding some things in my appartment. this weekend i should connect the r1 again. but actually im playing, or im trying to play on the german server, because im in austria. since i changed my isp from cable to dsl i went from 35 to 18 ping to this server. but makes no difference at all. it looks like the game forces me to play on other servers. when my geo filter is on i hardly find lobbies, but with off it puts me on servers on the eastcoast of the usa. the funny thing is though, when i join that server on any core mode i melting people. but on the german server people melt me cause they join from france or the uk. thats so weird. i have a better connection on a server thousands of kilometers away than on a server next door. lmfao. i think the matchmaking in this game fucks everything up because i got only noobs on my team and play against prestige masters all the time

Guys can you try this... go in misc from the r1... untick auto cloud and untick bleeding edge...click apply cloud settings...then put the 3 options to their latests available wich are 43...41 and 29 then click apply cloud settings again !!! Then restart your r1 and every devices hooked to it !!! Get on your consoles and test if it find peeps faster and if it plays better like it do for us !!! Come back here to tell us how it goes and if it also fix yours like us !!! 

Ps: Also look in dhcp lease to lease every devices hooked so they all have their own ip instead of sharing the same ips !!! And don't use profiles !!! Set your radius to your needs and set ping assist at 0 aka OFF !!! Test like that first and when ya'll find out that it work better ya'll then be able to use that ping assist if ya want or need it !!! Auto ping host should be On and auto ping peers should be OFF !!! 

Let's try and confirm what happen please guys...it's been more than 3 weeks now that we face cloud problems and that i do eveything to find the direct cause to help the team fixing it and we real close now so try theses steps please and report back !!! 🍻

4 hours ago, DMC_81 said:

Guys can you try this... go in misc from the r1... untick auto cloud and untick bleeding edge...click apply cloud settings...then put the 3 options to their latests available wich are 43...41 and 29 then click apply cloud settings again !!! Then restart your r1 and every devices hooked to it !!! Get on your consoles and test if it find peeps faster and if it plays better like it do for us !!! Come back here to tell us how it goes and if it also fix yours like us !!! 

Ps: Also look in dhcp lease to lease every devices hooked so they all have their own ip instead of sharing the same ips !!! And don't use profiles !!! Set your radius to your needs and set ping assist at 0 aka OFF !!! Test like that first and when ya'll find out that it work better ya'll then be able to use that ping assist if ya want or need it !!! Auto ping host should be On and auto ping peers should be OFF !!! 

Let's try and confirm what happen please guys...it's been more than 3 weeks now that we face cloud problems and that i do eveything to find the direct cause to help the team fixing it and we real close now so try theses steps please and report back !!! 🍻

Hey DMC_81

Some great advice.

I always do all of "Also look in dhcp lease to lease every devices hooked so they all have their own ip instead of sharing the same ips !!! And don't use profiles !!! Set your radius to your needs and set ping assist at 0 aka OFF !!! Test like that first and when ya'll find out that it work better ya'll then be able to use that ping assist if ya want or need it !!! Auto ping host should be On and auto ping peers should be OFF !!! " this as my standard set up so no change there.

I previously have tried playing with the Whitelist, Game server and Map but was using 42,40,28 and it made no difference.

I tried 43,41,29 and online connection and fetching profile happened almost instantly. Cap off to you man!

Netduma

Looks like DMC_81 is on to something. Using latest maps without Auto Cloud and Bleeding Edge ticked and the game connects and fetches profile very quickly.

I even loaded the maps and then re-applied Auto Clouy and Bleeding Edge and the fetching profile delays returned.

What's the haps?

On 9/12/2018 at 9:13 AM, JOE1305 said:

im now playing without the netduma because im rebuilding some things in my appartment. this weekend i should connect the r1 again. but actually im playing, or im trying to play on the german server, because im in austria. since i changed my isp from cable to dsl i went from 35 to 18 ping to this server. but makes no difference at all. it looks like the game forces me to play on other servers. when my geo filter is on i hardly find lobbies, but with off it puts me on servers on the eastcoast of the usa. the funny thing is though, when i join that server on any core mode i melting people. but on the german server people melt me cause they join from france or the uk. thats so weird. i have a better connection on a server thousands of kilometers away than on a server next door. lmfao. i think the matchmaking in this game fucks everything up because i got only noobs on my team and play against prestige masters all the time

Hi Joe1305

If you can you might want to try DMC_81's idea. Fetches my profile in an instant

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Hey DMC_81

Some great advice.

I always do all of "Also look in dhcp lease to lease every devices hooked so they all have their own ip instead of sharing the same ips !!! And don't use profiles !!! Set your radius to your needs and set ping assist at 0 aka OFF !!! Test like that first and when ya'll find out that it work better ya'll then be able to use that ping assist if ya want or need it !!! Auto ping host should be On and auto ping peers should be OFF !!! " this as my standard set up so no change there.

I previously have tried playing with the Whitelist, Game server and Map but was using 42,40,28 and it made no difference.

I tried 43,41,29 and online connection and fetching profile happened almost instantly. Cap off to you man!

8 hours ago, Dan said:

Netduma

Looks like DMC_81 is on to something. Using latest maps without Auto Cloud and Bleeding Edge ticked and the game connects and fetches profile very quickly.

I even loaded the maps and then re-applied Auto Clouy and Bleeding Edge and the fetching profile delays returned.

What's the haps?

You welcomed brah !!! Happy it work for you too and at least we can enjoy our gaming sessions till they again listen to me so they'll know where to look !!! 

"EVERYBODY WHO TRIES THIS PLEASE REPORT HERE IF POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE FOR YOU TOO GUYS...WE WILL FIND THE DIRECT PROBLEM CAUSE AS A FAMILY !!! THANKS !!! 👽🍻✌"

I been telling them what happen and when it happen first so the exact date they changed something in the cloud was the day before the weekend 2 of Bo4 beta ps4 wich was the first weekend for xb1 !!! From this day all COD games suffer from this cloud change they made that day !!! 

Can you please test something more... 

Enable Bleeding Edge in Misc tab and Auto Ping host in GeoFilter ... still with only radius and NO Ping Assist ... then restart r1 and devices hook to it and play some COD matches and look at what the auto ping host will display... like you may see the biggest circle around your normal dedi knowing it runs at exemple 10ms but the auto ping may tell you in the box showing under the map that the host is some kms away and with a much higher ping than usual ex 32ms still while seeing the biggest circle around your usual dedis !!! If that happen click on that biggest circle (if you allowed them it will be a chopped circle....and that biggest circle is the host) and manual ping it to see if it differs from what that auto ping host is saying !!! Then just refresh the webbrowser screen and the auto ping should show up again with the wrong host showin in that box under the map... take screenshots of it and notes of id and ping of it and report that here please guys or if something else happen.. !!! 

I put some screenshots... as you can see auto host tells me i'm on a 4752km dedi at higher than 20ms...while the map shows one of my Montreal dedis running at 7ms 😒 !!! Normaly if you set things like me it should do the same !!! Sometimes in my case the auto ping host only work between matches and not while in a match when i refresh the webpage !!! So please guys give feedbacks here !!! 

Once you confirm everything and took screenshots and/or notes of id and ping you just have to (Do all the steps i mentioned in this thread) Untick Bleeding Edge again then apply cloud settings then restart r1 and devices hooked to be able to enjoy Call Of Duty games online matches again while the direct cause is found and fixed by the team !!! 

Take care... Peeeaace !!! DMC51450 👽🍻

Capture+_2018-09-10-02-22-39.png

Capture+_2018-09-10-02-17-10.png

Capture+_2018-09-10-02-22-48.png

Capture+_2018-09-10-02-17-45.png

Capture+_2018-08-29-01-37-23.png

Capture+_2018-09-11-01-26-21.png

Aright i just confirmed that Auto Cloud is doing the same thing than Bleeding Edge... so guys do as i mentioned and disable Auto Cloud ... only enable bleeding edge and Auto Ping Host to capture the problem for reporting it here and then re disable Bleeding Edge only... As i always mention YOU have to restart R1 and all devices hooked to it after theses changes then ya will enjoy good gaming sessions again !!! At least once daily (normally before a gaming session) i and you should too...always restart modem/aio then the R1 and devices... When both modem/aio and R1 are runnin (at least 1 min after the r1 reboot and modems/aio may take between 1min to 5mins to load completely so wait to be sure your modem/aio is all good) ps: i myself reboot my aio and wait till i see the dsl light starting to flash(means it connects) then i reboot the R1 followed instantly by devices hooked to it...!!! 😉 After the R1 is rebooted and runnin it's time to start the console and enjoy !!!

Another tip...i start my ps4 pro then a COD...load it in online...then close the app and restart ps4... so the 3074 port is fully open (full bandwith ingame)!!! The other port the online will use is opened by the UPNP and changes everytime you start a COD game while the master COD port is always the 3074 and never change !!! Only need to do that after a router reboot... not only with the R1 !!! 

To help you guys understand why it help to restart daily... modems/aio/routers are doing thousands of tasks daily and it hold them till you restart so it can flush that old data and care about real time operations while carrying less traces/infos/data ect... wich help in performance and stability !!! 😉

Take care... Peeeaace !!! 👽🍻

Capture+_2018-09-14-03-11-23.png

Capture+_2018-09-14-03-11-33.png

Capture+_2018-09-14-03-38-57.png

Capture+_2018-09-14-03-39-20.png

Capture+_2018-09-14-03-39-35.png