Announcement: NETGEAR launch the Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 Router: Powered by DumaOS

Netduma Luke

• Administrators

NETGEAR have announced the latest member of their Nighthawk Pro Gaming family, the Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 Router: powered by DumaOS.

The launch of the XR700 means DumaOS is now powering its third router, to go alongside the Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR500 and the upcoming release on the Netduma R1.

The XR700 is, simply put, BEAST hardware, boasting the fastest 60GHz 802.11ad WiFi technology with a single 10G SFP+ port and additional 7 Gigabit ports. By partnering with DumaOS, this truly is a combination of the world's best router hardware and the world's best router software. 

It will be available worldwide next month and you can read more in the official press release here.

Thank you for your support

The Netduma Team  

Thats great that you guys have another product with netduma on it but the R9000 x10 is overkill and wireless AD is dead with very little support.  The router it self is HUGE and HEAVY,  would have been a much better choice to announce a future wireless AX product.  Best of luck, the XR500 is still the better choice for 99% of users

8 minutes ago, rckrz6 said:

Thats great that you guys have another product with netduma on it but the R9000 x10 is overkill and wireless AD is dead with very little support.  The router it self is HUGE and HEAVY,  would have been a much better choice to announce a future wireless AX product.  Best of luck, the XR500 is still the better choice for 99% of users

I am not sure of the price tag on release, but it will be hefty. There are very little AX devices out in circulation at the present time but as router companies release products frequently as australia gets a new prime minister it will not be a too long a wait. I like the plex server functionality this router provides which is lacking in it's baby brother XR500.

7 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

I am not sure of the price tag on release, but it will be hefty. There are very little AX devices out in circulation at the present time but as router companies release products frequently as australia gets a new prime minister it will not be a too long a wait. I like the plex server functionality this router provides which is lacking in it's baby brother XR500.

I estimate the price between $500-$600 USD as the retail on a R9000 is $450 USD,  I believe AX will take off once the router hardware is out there, ASUS has a whole lineup comming out this year i believe, i'm sure netgear has something similar in the works

a plex server on an asus router would be amazing, they are top rate routers always getting updates and vulnerability patches. I wouldn't and couldn't justify spending $500 on a router for the purpose of a plex server when I can do the same from my nvidia shield or an old mac mini connected to my nas. As I have an dsl connection 80up and 20down it would not be worth it unless I had gigabit internet (wishful thinking).

The Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 WiFi Router from NETGEAR will be availableworldwide next month through authorized NETGEAR partners and other reseller channels, ecommerce sites, and major retailers, at an MSRP of $499.99 (USD), £449 (GBP) and €499 (EUR), $849 (AUD).

Guest Killhippie
13 hours ago, rckrz6 said:

The Nighthawk Pro Gaming XR700 WiFi Router from NETGEAR will be availableworldwide next month through authorized NETGEAR partners and other reseller channels, ecommerce sites, and major retailers, at an MSRP of $499.99 (USD), £449 (GBP) and €499 (EUR), $849 (AUD).

Ouch, I would want 802.11ax going forward. At that price its way to much. Also the spiel is a bit much "speed up the link between your router and gaming PC by up to 10 times faster when playing online." Why do gamers need 10x more speed when online gaming uses so little bandwidth?. The R9000 was a mistake with 802.11ad which is hardly used. As you say 99% of people would be fine with the XR500. Plex server is a nice touch but still not at that price.

14 hours ago, PharmDawgg said:

That video demo is showing a xr500 on the TV LOL its missing 2 cores

edit: yeah it shows xr500 in the left upper corner, they should have demo'd the xr700

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2018 at 12:54 PM, carl0024 said:

are there any gameplay advantages between an xr700 and r1? honest thoughts please?

No, there are hardware advantages as it has a quad core processor and a gig or ram. This helps for households with a lot of devices that are connected at the same time. If it primarily for gaming purposes only and you have a limited number of devices (10 -15 as an example) then the XR500 would probably suit your needs. If you want to compare the XR700 to the R1 then there is no comparison....the XR700 can handle way more bandwidth intense processes. The cpu difference alone is self explanitory and should answer your question for you!!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/09/2018 at 13:54, carl0024 said:

Y a-t-il des avantages de gameplay entre un xr700 et un r1? pensées honnêtes s'il vous plaît?

le R1 est un routeur magnifique et avec des petites connections comme j'avais avant chez free adsl je faisais déjà des carnages sur infinit warfare.

A ce jour j'ai un xr 500 avec la fibre d'orange de 590 down et 300 up, avec de la recherche , patience et compréhension de votre réseau local il y a de belles choses à faire.

je joue à ww2 sur ps4 et sincèrement je me régale enfin... ce routeur est tout simplement magnifique.

Pour moi les composants du netgear sont indispensable et c'est une bonne association netgear duma.