Xr500 never works

Why do I have to reboot the router 10 times a day since I’ve purchased it? I have factory reset and reverted to old firmware countless times. Doesn’t matter what I do, I still have this problem. Can you guys not just monitor a router and see when this happens and fix whatever faulty issue this 300 dollar “gaming” router has? Shouldn’t a gaming router help with gaming instead of kicking you out of a game every hour?

Why do I have to reboot the router 10 times a day since I’ve purchased it? I have factory reset and reverted to old firmware countless times. Doesn’t matter what I do, I still have this problem. Can you guys not just monitor a router and see when this happens and fix whatever faulty issue this 300 dollar “gaming” router has? Shouldn’t a gaming router help with gaming instead of kicking you out of a game every hour?

I have the same issue with the R1. Sent it back because I was still in warranty. After using the new one for a week the same bugs kinda come back. I cant load profiles, in cod ww2 it puts on servers on the east coast of the usa but im living in middle europe. Even with strict mode and geo filter active. I think in cod ww2 the player base is so low that the game has no other choise just to put me anywhere, cause there are enough players

Guest Killhippie

Possibly because you might have a hardware fault?  I would have contact Netgear as the router may be faulty, I have not had to reboot mine more than a couple of times. Have you tried a factory reset on the latest firmware that may sort the issue? I have not suffered being booted out of games every hour but some things may be down to your line or the server as well. I would do a full factory reset, if you are still having issues contact Netgear. Nobody should be rebooting any router that often.

I have the same issue with the R1. Sent it back because I was still in warranty. After using the new one for a week the same bugs kinda come back. I cant load profiles, in cod ww2 it puts on servers on the east coast of the usa but im living in middle europe. Even with strict mode and geo filter active. I think in cod ww2 the player base is so low that the game has no other choise just to put me anywhere, cause there are enough players

With a low player base, sbmm and hybrid net code that is plausible.

It has become quite the abomination.

I hadn't played COD in months, fired it up and yep still people bouncing around the place, still shoot first die first. So closed it and haven't been back yet, doubt i will either.

With a low player base, sbmm and hybrid net code that is plausible.

It has become quite the abomination.

I hadn't played COD in months, fired it up and yep still people bouncing around the place, still shoot first die first. So closed it and haven't been back yet, doubt i will either.

I know what you mean. I have a new internet provider since a week. I have now 18-19 ms ping on the german server, before I had 30-40ms ping, but there is still lag and like you say shoot first and die first nonsense is still there.

• Administrators

Did you install the firmware I gave you for the drop issue as you never said. Also the reason looks to be to do with Xbox they have identified this as an issue: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/07/05/new-preview-alpha-skip-ahead-1810-system-update-7-5-18/#tGjlXgpfLHiuryjC.99

So we're in contact with the Xbox team, now that its clear the firmware hasn't fixed it for everyone we can move on to hopefully find a permanent fix for everyone or hopefully Xbox will fix it themselves.

--

Joe please don't post in XR500 support topics for R1 issues. Makes it harder for everyone to get their issues resolved.