I just started and before I opened a topic, I read the "Before you ask, check the FAQ's" (Yes, I followed Directions! Crazy Huh?) and found that in Playstation World, Even tho it says Moderate Nat Type, 

• Playstation reports Type 2: This is the best playstation NAT code it means you have an open and protected.
Type 2 = Moderate

Ill be dammed, not a problem. Keep impressing me NetDuma, Keep it up!!!

Ottoman~

Try using GOOGLE's DNS on your PS4 to obtain an open NAT-TYPE. 

:

I also disable my firewall while I'm gaming and put the router into DMZ mode...You know the saying, "to each his own." I've used those settings in the past and had tremendous results...

I just started and before I opened a topic, I did as I read the "Before you ask, check the FAQ's" (Yes, I followed Directions! Crazy Huh?) and found that in Playstation World, Even tho it says Moderate Nat Type, 

• Playstation reports Type 2: This is the best playstation NAT code it means you have an open and protected.
Type 2 = Moderate

Ill be dammed, not a problem. Keep impressing me NetDuma, Keep it up!!!

Ottoman~

I believe NAT type 2 just means you're behind a router but everything is still open. It's nothing to worry about and games will still show open.

Try using GOOGLE's DNS on your PS4 to obtain an open NAT-TYPE. 

:

I also disable my firewall while I'm gaming and put the router into DMZ mode...You know the saying, "to each his own." I've used those settings in the past and had tremendous results...

I don't think he is complaining about having a closed NAT. He's saying he looked into it and realized that Type 2 is normal and open when playing behind a router.

Mad

I believe NAT type 2 just means you're behind a router but everything is still open. It's nothing to worry about and games will still show open.

Thank You, That's what I gathered from the FAQ's - Very Helpful!

I don't think he is complaining about having a closed NAT. He's saying he looked into it and realized that Type 2 is normal and open when playing behind a router.

Dead On, I am playing behind a router.

Thumbs Up All! Thank You!!

This is description of Nat types according to PSN WEB PAGE

Type 1 - Connected directly to the internet (no router/firewall). Should have no issues.

Type 2 - Connected through a router properly. Should have no issues.

Type 3 - Connected through a router without open ports or DMZ setup for PSN. Everything should function properly, but you may have connection, voice chat or other issues.

Archived