Dynamic DNS Update Feature?

Hi,

Most routers have a Dynamic DNS update feature, this allows you to enter your DNS login credentials, your router then updates the remote DNS service of your current IP.

I have to run this service to gain remote access to my house alarm, it allows me to remote arm and disarm the alarm which is really important if you're miles away from home and the cat manages to set off the alarm. I use Dyn DNS.

I've attached a screenshot of this DDNS feature on a TPLink router and also a desciption how to set this up is shown here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/faq-297.html

I can't find such a feature in the current version of Netduma OS (i'm using R1 debug version 1.03.6g running on rb-951g-2hnd). Have I missed it, is it there?

If not is this feature going to be in the new Netduma OS? Without this feature I have to run a DynDNS updater client on my PC and leave my PC switched on 24x7 which is costly from an electricity usage perspective and not great for the environment.

Many thanks in advance for any help / advice given.

Dynamic DNS isn’t available on the current R1 firmware. I don’t know if DumaOS will have it but the Netduma staff will be able to advise you on that.

Thanks for the swift response pollutionblues, at least I haven't been a total noob and missed the feature! Hopefully a member of the Netduma team can let us know if this is in the new OS.

• Administrators

Hi there - this is probably a question for the developers as I do not know myself. Fraser, our lead test engineer, will be online tomorrow so he may know. Otherwise we’ll need to pass it onto our devs

• Administrators

I don't think it will be available initially for the R1 but may be available at a later date depending on user demand. It's present on the XR500 but that's due to Netgear's Settings which include it.

• 2 years later...