Negear XR500 + Wifi Extender EX7300 Help

Hi Everyone 

Just got the new Netgear XR500 router last night and need some help understanding how to setup my Wifi Extender. 

I dont know if this is possible but I would like to use one SSID for the whole house. 

What would be the best way optimally to set it up? I have cat 6 throughout the house so i can use it as an access point. I'm getting confused and starting to irritate me.

Thanks for your help in advance.

P.S I have attached a house plan to hopefully make it easy to understand how I have it setup. 

post-4201-0-83166400-1522117287_thumb.png

I don't use extenders as they slow your wifi speeds. However once you configure your broadcast ssid on your main router (XR500) you would have a sync button on the extender or maybe it connects via WPS. An instruction manual or youtube video will show you regarding your brand of extender.

Someone on here will probably be able to walk you through the setup but as it is an extender it will not be difficult to do.

Thanks Big_dog 

I was trying hoping to connect the extender via ethernet and extend the wifi from the router essentially. Im trying to use both devices as one Wifi network. I hope this makes some sort of sense. 

I have tried looking online and its just confused the shit out of me. Maybe the new image will make more sense to what I am trying to achieve. 

post-4201-0-25774100-1522130060_thumb.png

• Netduma Staff

Thanks @HappyLittleChap

Ill give it a shot tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

That last suggestion seems great, let us know how it goes :)

Thanks @HappyLittleChap

Ill give it a shot tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

If the ex7300 does not support Smart Set-up in AP mode you would have to put it in Extender mode and drop the direct LAN cable connection. I have an EX8000 extender but in the end gave up and switched to cables for all my gaming console connections. Even on a uncontested radio spectrum with a 2ms ping to the router and 1ms jitter gaming connections were still not reliable enough. Direct cabling is the way to go if you can.