Port Triggering page - glitch ?

was tinkering with the Port Forwarding page (for COD WWII) and noticed that I was unable to "untick" anything other than the first tick-box.... ?

attempting to un-tick any box , other than the top one, does not work...?

only way to disable an entry is to delete it...?

Port_Forward_page_glitch.jpg

• Administrators

I was able to reproduce this so I will let the Netgear development team know as Settings is their domain.

Port Triggering & Port Forwarding are not the exact same. If you want to do port forwarding properly go to Settings > Port Forwarding. Though there should be no need to port forward for CoD, UPnP should open the ports necessary automatically.

I was able to reproduce this so I will let the Netgear development team know as Settings is their domain.

Port Triggering & Port Forwarding are not the exact same. If you want to do port forwarding properly go to Settings > Port Forwarding. Though there should be no need to port forward for CoD, UPnP should open the ports necessary automatically.

thanks

like i said though, i was just tinkering with the settings just to see if i could see any differences with NAT TYPE in game, and came across this glitch.

Just passing on the info to you guys ....

cheers.

Yep - reported this one 2 months back... So hopefully Netgear will fix in the next firmware update... It is a pretty simple reproduceable issue.

Hi Fraser

i disabled my port triggerings like you suggested and now I am not getting an OPEN NAT for COD, i get Moderate NAT. UPnP is not doing its job...?

any ideas why ?

cheers

• Administrators

Hi Fraser

i disabled my port triggerings like you suggested and now I am not getting an OPEN NAT for COD, i get Moderate NAT. UPnP is not doing its job...?

any ideas why ?

cheers

Do you have port forwarding rules set as well as enabling UPNP? These two can clash. It’s usuallly sufficient to just have one or the other. Could you try this please. 

Do you have port forwarding rules set as well as enabling UPNP? These two can clash. It’s usuallly sufficient to just have one or the other. Could you try this please. 

i have a few port forwards setup that have nothing to do with COD. i.e. for CCTV. NAS remote access, Teamviewer etc etc

You can put the console in the DMZ in Settings > WAN Setup and you should have no issue getting an open NAT.

hi fraser

i play Pc only so id rather not leave my computers back-door gaping wide open.

i have put port triggers back in place and i get OPEN NAT now. UPnP isnt doing its job on its own or not working at all.

my upnp screen has no ports open , weird considering many of my lan devices are upnp enabled...?

• Administrators

hi fraser

i play Pc only so id rather not leave my computers back-door gaping wide open.

i have put port triggers back in place and i get OPEN NAT now. UPnP isnt doing its job on its own or not working at all.

my upnp screen has no ports open , weird considering many of my lan devices are upnp enabled...?

Are you using PPPoE by any chance? I confirmed yesterday with a user that PPPoE prevented the UPnP table from populating, though they still had an open NAT so looks to be just an aesthetic issue.

Are you using PPPoE by any chance? I confirmed yesterday with a user that PPPoE prevented the UPnP table from populating, though they still had an open NAT so looks to be just an aesthetic issue.

Hi Fraser

yes im with BT (Infinity 2) and router is configured with PPPoE

I use an HG612 Unlocked modem as well.

would there be any benefit to reconfiguring the modem to take over from the router with PPPoE. At present my modem is just a modem, bridged.

it can be configured to do that, but i dont want to mess up what connections i have and i would prob lose my ability to obtain dslstats from lan2 of the modem (which is why its the unlocked setup) 

• Administrators

Thanks for confirming. Just so you know I informed Netgear of this yesterday so they can look into it. 

If you're happy with how everything is at the moment I would leave it, if you start getting any weird issues then yes it may be worth doing that to see how it is.