Geo filter causing party chat disconnect

• Administrators

Couple of suggestions:

Make sure you've allowed them in Allow & Deny. Add them to your party chat when you're in a game lobby so their icon is the only thing appearing on the map.

In Settings > WAN Setup disable SIP ALG.

Then hard turn off the console. Boot it up and then try again.

Hey Fraser. I'm still having trouble with this. I have allowed my friend and followed your instructions and I still get disconnected from party chat on Xbox one. I've deleted the device and also deleted my friend and allowed him again and it still disconnects. Any ideas? Thanks

• Netduma Staff

Hey Fraser. I'm still having trouble with this. I have allowed my friend and followed your instructions and I still get disconnected from party chat on Xbox one. I've deleted the device and also deleted my friend and allowed him again and it still disconnects. Any ideas? Thanks

Hi Redwing - first off, can you connect to party chat in the first place before being disconnected or can you not connect at all? When the disconnect happens, do you see anything appear on the map which looks out of the ordinary? If you see a blocked server / host, could you provide us with the ID of that? We could then check if there's a new Xbox One chat server that needs to be whitelisted. Thanks!

Oh also, why can't I deny a dedicated server that's within my Geo range? I click on the server and Deny is "greyed" out

We haven't allowed anyone to block dedicated servers to prevent users from essentially breaking the game. It's great to hear it's a wanted feature though - if you do want to stop connecting to dedicated servers I would recommend placing your radius in a way that excludes them and enabling Strict Mode.

Ultimately, blocking dedicated servers is risky business! We'll keep everyone informed if we release more controls for dedicated servers though  :)

Thank you Jack.  I will get you that information when I get home today.  I did a little more research and it also could be an Xbox One issue.  I've watched some videos of "fixes" which include enabling power save mode, clearing persistent storage, and clearing the cache on the console.  I'll try all of those things tonight.  Appreciate the support.  Thanks.

This is still happening, guys. So frustrating. Do you need the ID of my friend who I'm trying to connect with? If the means anything, my Xbox one is not picking up my NAT type.

Edit: a test of my multiplayer connections says the console can't get the Toredo IP or something like that. Apparently that's important for party chat?

Edit 2: I expanded the Geo to cover the entire US and it picked up the Toredo IP. When I have the filter set to my preference eastern half of the US, it won't get Toredo IP. How can I get this to work properly (and party chat especially) and still use the Geo filter?

This is still happening, guys. So frustrating. Do you need the ID of my friend who I'm trying to connect with? If the means anything, my Xbox one is not picking up my NAT type.

Edit: a test of my multiplayer connections says the console can't get the Toredo IP or something like that. Apparently that's important for party chat?

Edit 2: I expanded the Geo to cover the entire US and it picked up the Toredo IP. When I have the filter set to my preference eastern half of the US, it won't get Toredo IP. How can I get this to work properly (and party chat especially) and still use the Geo filter?

Yeh the upnp is not reliable... unfortunately. It will only open up the XBL port. Suggest also disabling port triggering and port forwarding, if you have any of those enabled. Hard reset your xb1, keep it powered off, and reboot/power off your XR500... 2-3mins after that has booted (it is slow to boot)... then turn on your XB1. I've never had a party chat problem, but I've hit issues others haven't and it is looking like you are the same. Teredo is a key port and service indeed. The R1 reports all open ports on the upnp table page. The XR500 does not... so it is hard to say whether it is working correctly or not.

• Netduma Staff

If you only enable the Geo-Filter once you reach the Multiplayer menu, are you able to use party chat? Please try what Sim suggested above and let us know if it helps.

Also, for a solution to unavailable NAT types on XB1 try this:

- Go to Xbox dashboard.
- Go to system settings
- Go to network
- Go to advanced settings
- Go to alternate MAC address Clear
- Your Xbox will tell you It will restart.
- Once you have restarted the NAT type should be registering again.

Thanks guys.  Did what Sim and Jack suggested and it still won't work.  I'm forced to set my Geo filter to cover the entire U.S.  I'm assuming wherever I need to get the Teredo IP from is on the west coast.  UPnP is enabled.  Can something else be done to get this to work, like manual port forwarding or something?  I appreciate the help.  I'm sure we'll get this worked out.

• Administrators

Thanks guys.  Did what Sim and Jack suggested and it still won't work.  I'm forced to set my Geo filter to cover the entire U.S.  I'm assuming wherever I need to get the Teredo IP from is on the west coast.  UPnP is enabled.  Can something else be done to get this to work, like manual port forwarding or something?  I appreciate the help.  I'm sure we'll get this worked out.

I sent you the hotfix about a week ago, did you install it? On that firmware you're able to allow dedicated servers. So if you're sure the server on the West Coast is causing the issue you can allow it and that should fix it. Also it should fix the party issue regardless so you can see your friend to add them if you couldn't before.

I sent you the hotfix about a week ago, did you install it? On that firmware you're able to allow dedicated servers. So if you're sure the server on the West Coast is causing the issue you can allow it and that should fix it. Also it should fix the party issue regardless so you can see your friend to add them if you couldn't before.

Hi Fraser.  Yes, I installed the hotfix.  As I was testing the multiplayer connection, I was "allowing" the west coast servers as they popped up on the Geo Filter.  I must have allow 3 or 4 of them.  When they do pop up, they are properly circled, but the xbox still can't obtain the Teredo IP.

• 10 months later...

XR500 user here, and i have the same issue.  I disable Geo filter and wait for NAT type to be Open, and then get the party chat going, and it is usually good for the all night play session.  I have noticed that Wireless does it a lot less than wired...  Not sure if you guys or Net gear will come out with the fix, or at least exclude the Microsoft Toledo IP address from the Geo Filter.

Thanks,
Dave

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Do you see this NAT server on the Geo-Filter at all? If we can find it's details then we'll add it. If you see it could you provide us with it's ID please and allow it so you don't need to disable the filter.