Bufferbloat

Richie

How can i Find the best bufferbloat ?

I had 2 days perfect games and perfect ( 90 upload and 15 download ) my Ping was in results not more then 18 , mostely 12 ,

Today i start whit Gaming and i have bad games , i look near my bufferbloat and i have bad Ping , the upload go much in red , i have back search for a better bufferbloat , i do my sliders whit every test 1% near under , i had Find a good , this is my question , how Find i the best buffer and what are the best setting from Netduma for having the best bufferbloat

• Netduma Staff

No , i am not on DumaOs , my Ping is mostely arround 18

Most people use DSLreports to test for bufferbloat, though if you have Anti-Flood set to 70/70 this should completely nullify the effects of bufferbloat on your gameplay anyway. Make sure you put your console in Hyper Traffic as well.

18ms ping is fantastic for gaming - if you've had 2 days of great gaming in a row it's likely that you've got the Netduma set up correctly and you're good to go. If you do experience lag it is either because your host is too distant (reduce your Geo-Filter radius to solve this) or other players on your host are lagging.

Most people use DSLreports to test for bufferbloat, though if you have Anti-Flood set to 70/70 this should completely nullify the effects of bufferbloat on your gameplay anyway. Make sure you put your console in Hyper Traffic as well.

18ms ping is fantastic for gaming - if you've had 2 days of great gaming in a row it's likely that you've got the Netduma set up correctly and you're good to go. If you do experience lag it is either because your host is too distant (reduce your Geo-Filter radius to solve this) or other players on your host are lagging.

thanks Jack ? I like the Netduma , i gonna play Some games back and enjoy

Go to set bandwidth on the congestion control page of the R1, and type in what you pay for from your ISP. Set sliders to 100% reactive, click reset distribution below the device prioritisation flower, then run a speed test on a PC while wired. Type in what you get in the set bandwidth boxes and apply. Keep the speed test site of choice open.

Go to your search bar at the bottom left of the screen and type in cmd, then click on command prompt when it pops up. Go back to the search bar, type in ping google.com -t, then copy it. Now go back the speed test on your browser, click back on the command prompt window and minimise it so you can see both pages at once. Start a speed test, then paste the ping command you copied and click enter. You will see how much bufferbloat your connection averages with the increased latency while the test is running. Leave the ping running, go back to congestion control and reduce your sliders by 5 or 10%. Start another speed test and keep an eye on your ping command latency while it runs. You should notice your bloated pings are a little lower, but not quite as low as when you're not running the speed test.

Keep reducing your sliders in small increments until the speed test no longer makes your pings skyrocket. You may be able to get them as low as idle (how low they are when your connection isn't being used), or they may be a couple of milliseconds higher on average. For example when I ping Google I average 8ms, but my sliders mean it only increases to 9ms at most when running a speed test. If I keep my sliders at max, I get as much as 50ms download bufferbloat and 300ms upload bufferbloat. On cable my upload bufferbloat was as high as 2000ms and I couldn't get it below 30ms average even when I reduced sliders to 25% lol