Dedicated Server Lag spikes?

Ok so this dedicated server that is super close to me constantly gives me lag spikes while playing infinite warfare. No other dedicated server does this eve. If it's 1000 miles away from me. I literally 1 bar at times and I see the red dot in game. The duma ping also shoots up to 300 and 400 ms ping. It's not my connection. I always check it and it's never over 3 ms ping. I have verizon fios 1 gigabit. Anyone know why this particular server that's right by me causes me these in game spikes? It's extremely annoying.

post-6110-0-06719400-1514343677_thumb.jpg

Ok so this dedicated server that is super close to me constantly gives me lag spikes while playing infinite warfare. No other dedicated server does this eve. If it's 1000 miles away from me. I literally 1 bar at times and I see the red dot in game. The duma ping also shoots up to 300 and 400 ms ping. It's not my connection. I always check it and it's never over 3 ms ping. I have verizon fios 1 gigabit. Anyone know why this particular server that's right by me causes me these in game spikes? It's extremely annoying.

Not entirely sure why then just possibly faulty server with it being a server COD uses to connect mass amounts of players to. So I could see why its not stable. As similar case happens to me as well in California because well it is California and a mass amount of players are put on the server. Just one possible reason, as you mentioned you do have gigabit fiber so my assumption.

• Netduma Staff

It's possible that the server is mis-located on our cloud - please provide us with the ID of the server here and we'll check it. It could equally likely be a bad server, though even on the worst servers 400ms seems very high.

You could use the CoD Ultimate profile to rely on Ping Assist for your gaming. This would ensure you'd never connect to servers over 60ms ping.

It's possible that the server is mis-located on our cloud - please provide us with the ID of the server here and we'll check it. It could equally likely be a bad server, though even on the worst servers 400ms seems very high.

You could use the CoD Ultimate profile to rely on Ping Assist for your gaming. This would ensure you'd never connect to servers over 60ms ping.

Yeah it could be that.  The ID i believe is right on that picture.  I'm at work now.  Also my friend who is in Atlanta Georgia always shows up as if he's from the Colorado/Kansas area.  That's also strange.

Here is the server ID 6fd157226e0ed9de 

Did you guys change the Server ID?  It now shows a different ID, but I'm still 1 baring a few times a game and the net duma ping keeps jumping from 200 ms to 300 ms.  Does someone want to see the video so you can see what I'm dealing with?  Nobody else in the lobby 1 bars other than me.  I play with friends that live right by me and they don't have this issue.  I'm seriously thinking about switching the netduma for my other router because I constantly get sent to this server since it's close to NY.  Pleaseeeee help :( 

Did you guys change the Server ID?  It now shows a different ID, but I'm still 1 baring a few times a game and the net duma ping keeps jumping from 200 ms to 300 ms.  Does someone want to see the video so you can see what I'm dealing with?  Nobody else in the lobby 1 bars other than me.  I play with friends that live right by me and they don't have this issue.  I'm seriously thinking about switching the netduma for my other router because I constantly get sent to this server since it's close to NY.  Pleaseeeee help :(

The new ID your seeing is a different server in the same location. Server banks have multiple servers in the same location.

Do you have congestion control set when you are one barring? It sounds like you could possibly have a problem with you line. Run a test from internet diagnostics and post the results. If you want to do a more in depth test, download PingPlotter, ping twitter.com, set the interval to 2.5 seconds. Run the test for a minimum of 10 minutes and make sure nobody is using the internet during the test. This will give you a good indication of what is going on with your line.

Then run the same test again while you are gaming, with the congestion control set to 70/70, then you can compare both results.

• Netduma Staff

Yeh I'm in agreement with Pollutionblues above in thinking it could be an issue closer to home. Please give his suggestions a go and let us know what happens and any results from pingplotter / diagnostics tests :)