Force a server? Or just tell you?

Mackam

I am trying to force UK or EU connection but all I am getting (fifa) is the host filter telling me it West Coast America so I back out and go again. If all it does it tell you its good but if EA wont let me connect to EU then whats the point? Currently it comes up outside filter and fails connection but keeps doing it.

FIFA has servers in UK Germany and Holland ive checked it before.

I am trying to force UK or EU connection but all I am getting (fifa) is the host filter telling me it West Coast America so I back out and go again. If all it does it tell you its good but if EA wont let me connect to EU then whats the point? Currently it comes up outside filter and fails connection but keeps doing it.

FIFA has servers in UK Germany and Holland ive checked it before.

What ping are you getting to the west coast server? It could be an incorrectly located server and is actually in the UK.

Not sure now I have one icon in Germany and one in  West Coast America. Legend isnt really clear which is which and they don't update during matchmaking so not sure whats going on, not really working for me to be honest

It will tell you the ping of the server you are connecting to on the geo-filter page, make sure you have ‘auto ping host’ ticked. If you can post a screenshot of your geo-filter page it will make it easier to help you.

Also, what more are you playing on FIFA? As some modes used dedicated servers and others use P2P.

FUT champs as its on dedicated servers Seasons etc on P2P no use for this. The min mean and max show about 13ms but the bar chart shows about 100ms sowhat does this mean???

If your pinging it at 13ms it’s definatly a UK server. Post it’s ID from the geo-filter page here and Fraser or Jack can add it to the cloud so it shows in the correct place.

The bar chart is peer ping, it doesn’t work for dedicated servers only P2P

• Netduma Staff

Hi, welcome to the forum! Pollutionblues is spot on - that server will be incorrectly located on our map. If you click on it and copy the ID here, we'll re-locate it when we next do a cloud update.

And that's right, peer ping is not to be used on games where you only connect to dedicated servers.

I tried to attach pics but doesnt work and posting the link isnt allowed any idea?

I have two things on map one on the left in west coast America which comes up whenever I match make. I have on in what looks like Holland and looks like a nuclear symbol why is that there as well as that's always there even when not in match? Sorry for questions hard to work out whats going on and forum doesnt let me post pics from imgur

I tried to attach pics but doesnt work and posting the link isnt allowed any idea?

I have two things on map one on the left in west coast America which comes up whenever I match make. I have on in what looks like Holland and looks like a nuclear symbol why is that there as well as that's always there even when not in match? Sorry for questions hard to work out whats going on and forum doesnt let me post pics from imgur

It’s possibly not letting you post pictures as the file sizes are too large. Not sure why you can’t post the imgur link as many people use it to post images. Jack or Fraser will be better to advise on this.

The server you see in Holland is the server you are playing on. The reason you see the nuclear symbol is because it has been detected by ‘ping assist’. If you want to only connect to servers within the geo filter radius turn ‘ping assist’ off by setting it to ‘0’

When you see servers on the geo-filter when you are not in a game these are Xbox Live servers, you may see them showing up in the west coast of the US, Ireland and Holland. They are all perfectly norma and are nothing to worry about.

Not sure that's right when I match make it comes up Outside filter range host on the one in America West Coast when I reduce ping so its that server I am connecting to for match not Holland, the Holland server must be the xbox live server as thats always there but has the nuclear symbol

Server is 

ID: 7d9f602b3c1c9499

You should be able to copy and paste the imgur links into a reply on this thread, can you post the IDs of both the Holland server and the US server then Jack will be able to check them out. The west coast one is either an Xbox Live server or a UK/EU FIFA server that is showing in the wrong location

Meanwhile, try this:

Set get-filter to cover UK/EU

Set ‘ping assist’ to 0

Tick ‘strict mode’

Search for a game

Let us know how that goes.

Just noticed you posted a server ID. For some reason when you copy and paste the IDs from the geo-filter page it makes the text white and you need to change it to black for it to show up on the forum. I’ll post it here as I can’t edit your post: is this ID for the US server?

7d9f602b3c1c9499

yeah thats it sorry text was white from webpage

The setting you suggested I cant get a match UK server I had the other day is not coming up

Ah ok, untick strict mode. Do you get a game then? If not set ping assist to 50ms and see if you get a game.

Also, disable peer ping and make sure auto ping host is ticked, then when you do get a game let us know the server location, it’s ping and it’s ID

That’s definitely incorrectly located, 15ms is a brilliant ping, that server will be in the UK and you are very close to it. If you were actually connecting to the US the ping would be 120ms at the very least.

Keep checking IDs when you are gaming and post the details here so Jack or Fraser can add them to the cloud the next time they run an update.

• Netduma Staff

ID: 7d9f642f3c1c9499    Distance: 8411km

Ping 15ms

I've taken note of this server. I'll let Fraser know soon that a cloud update should be done in the next few weeks to add these :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators

ID: ad9f85503c4c9499    Distance: 8998km

ping 30.0ms

It shows as being west coast US- I am amsterdam

don't know if it matters, but ps4

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the ID, if you could put it in this topic: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/18965-cloud-incorrect-locations/page-7that'd be really helpful.