mrMARK808

Anyone recommend a good modem to buy with I’ll have spectrum.

Hawaii player?  What speed you have now?  Any one that Spectrum approve.  I heard that Docsis 3.1 is slowly being implemented in certain area.  I run 300/20.  

you do know that its only 8 channels bonded and it's only rated up to 150 Mbps download.  Like I said, are you from the 808 state?  I'm from Hawaii too

It's capable of 343 Mbps, but if your ISP puts made up limits on it then yeah you can only go to the speeds they'll let you go to.

I'd rather have 150 Mbps on a solid connection, rather than 300 Mbps on a buggy modem. You only need ~1 Mbps for pretty much any gaming.

I say this as I just spent a week testing out a new 32x8 modem and literally broke a controller due to unplayable lag. Switched back to the TC-7610 and it's back to normal.

It's capable of 343 Mbps, but if your ISP puts made up limits on it then yeah you can only go to the speeds they'll let you go to.

I'd rather have 150 Mbps on a solid connection, rather than 300 Mbps on a buggy modem. You only need ~1 Mbps for pretty much any gaming.

I say this as I just spent a week testing out a new 32x8 modem and literally broke a controller due to unplayable lag. Switched back to the TC-7610 and it's back to normal.

I have 300/20 here in Hawaii, but because of over-provisioning, I have about 350/23.  Thats why I'm asking the OP what speed he has.  I'm judging he's from Hawaii because of the "808" attached to his screen name.   Spectrum tech here in the islands mentioned that in certain areas, 24/8 bonded channels are slowly being implemented.  Im currently at 16/4 channels bonded (my modem is limited to 16/4) so I'm not sure if I have 24/8.   Wouldn't make sense to buy a modem that won't provide the full potential of what ISP is providing.  

I have 300/20 here in Hawaii, but because of over-provisioning, I have about 350/23.  Thats why I'm asking the OP what speed he has.  I'm judging he's from Hawaii because of the "808" attached to his screen name.   Spectrum tech here in the islands mentioned that in certain areas, 24/8 bonded channels are slowly being implemented.  Im currently at 16/4 channels bonded (my modem is limited to 16/4) so I'm not sure if I have 24/8.   Wouldn't make sense to buy a modem that won't provide the full potential of what ISP is providing.  

Except a 8x4 modem can do 342 Mbps with no problem. More channels doesn't mean it's better. In fact, 16 is completely overkill because no cable ISP offers speeds that high on Docsis 3.0 (~42 Mbps X 16 channels)

And as I said, if the choice was 350 down with lag or 250 down without lag, I'll take the 8x4 modem without lag every time.