change location

i live in middle east and i want to join the European server 

i contact Netduma support and they told me it is possible with Netduma r1 router , so i bought it but unfortunately the Geo filter doesn't work and i cant join the European server 

please i need your help

post-19928-0-25280600-1506085536_thumb.png

post-19928-0-98742100-1506085547_thumb.png

Move your home location using the tool on the Host Filtering page over the area of a server you wish to play on

Correct Device in the Geo Filter and it is ticked as enabled.

Make sure strict mode is ticked

Ping assist set to 0

If you have done this and it still doesn't work, I'm sure a moderator will see this post soon enough

• Netduma Staff

i live in middle east and i want to join the European server 

i contact Netduma support and they told me it is possible with Netduma r1 router , so i bought it but unfortunately the Geo filter doesn't work and i cant join the European server 

please i need your help

Hi Adnan - did you try the advice above? We often test the Netduma by forcing foreign servers - it is possible to force a European server using the Geo-filter.

Please let us know how the advice above goes :)

Move your home location using the tool on the Host Filtering page over the area of a server you wish to play on

Correct Device in the Geo Filter and it is ticked as enabled.

Make sure strict mode is ticked

Ping assist set to 0

If you have done this and it still doesn't work, I'm sure a moderator will see this post soon enough

if i set the ping assist at 0ms it will not allow me to join any game and if i increase the ping assist it will force me to join a game in my real location

cleardot.gif

when i set the ping assist to 0ms the game will not allow me to join any match and if i increase the ping assist i will be forced to join a match in my real location

i think the Geo filter doesn't work , only the ping assist works

please i need your help

post-19928-0-77182600-1506150869_thumb.jpg

post-19928-0-59243600-1506150870_thumb.jpg

• Netduma Staff

when i set the ping assist to 0ms the game will not allow me to join any match and if i increase the ping assist i will be forced to join a match in my real location

i think the Geo filter doesn't work , only the ping assist works

please i need your help

Have the console completely turned off, unplug the power also. Setup the Geo-filter like in your first picture (excluding your country, strict on, ping assist 0). Make sure the map has completely cleared. Then turn on the console, go onto the game and search. Search times will likely be longer but please let us know if this works.

Have the console completely turned off, unplug the power also. Setup the Geo-filter like in your first picture (excluding your country, strict on, ping assist 0). Make sure the map has completely cleared. Then turn on the console, go onto the game and search. Search times will likely be longer but please let us know if this works.

i just did that and it didn't work , after 3 min of waiting the game stop searching by itself ( i did it 8 times )

by the way , the number of available matches make me 100% sure that i am still searching in my real location. ( 100% sure the Geo Filter doesn't work)

i need your help......

• Netduma Staff

i just did that and it didn't work , after 3 min of waiting the game stop searching by itself ( i did it 8 times )

by the way , the number of available matches make me 100% sure that i am still searching in my real location. ( 100% sure the Geo Filter doesn't work)

i need your help......

I know there are a few Netduma users in the Middle East who use European VPN's to give the game the illusion that you are located there, which they claim allows them to connect to the European servers. This unfortunately raises the ping to the server however, since connections are always worse using a VPN. I believe someone said they managed to get between 80-100ms ping with this method.

It's possible that the CoD servers have become more strict of late, since the advice given above used to work. That being said, the Netduma is still the only router capable of giving you control over which game servers you connect to. What ping do you get to the servers near to your location?

Just a suggestion as something to try but have you tried putting your home in the US and then try joining a lobby ? I only asked as if that works and trying to join a European server using the same process, it might be something else with those servers and your location.

I'm just throwing it out there as something that you haven't tried yet to see if it allows you to get in a game, again just trying to help out.