GUI Password Protection

Dan

Hi

I'm new to the Netduma told. Decided to bite the bullet and buy the R1 having bitten more than enough bullets in CoD.

R1 setup all going well save for password protection on the GUI.i have a preference to use the Password Protection.

I have cookies on and enabled Password Protection and set the details. The first time I connect back to the R1 it asks for password but not after then. On the settings page the Password boxes appear blank. A reboot doesn't change this. The enable Password Protection enabled tick box remains ticked.

Is this right. Do you have to set password each time you log in?

• Netduma Staff

Hi

I'm new to the Netduma told. Decided to bite the bullet and buy the R1 having bitten more than enough bullets in CoD.

R1 setup all going well save for password protection on the GUI.i have a preference to use the Password Protection.

I have cookies on and enabled Password Protection and set the details. The first time I connect back to the R1 it asks for password but not after then. On the settings page the Password boxes appear blank. A reboot doesn't change this. The enable Password Protection enabled tick box remains ticked.

Is this right. Do you have to set password each time you log in?

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum! I would recommend setting up your password protection, and then rebooting from Miscellaneous settings (with cookies enabled). This should definitely save your settings - make sure you reboot this way every time, and use Google Chrome or Firefox on the latest version of the interface.

If your settings reset every time you reboot, you could always make a profile and export those settings. Next time you load up the Netduma, you could then import them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It won't show the password in settings, as long as it's ticked then its set. 

too true! i never tested it but if you do a network monitor (Google Chrome -> inspect -> Network) does the JSON payload returned contain the password?

It hopefully doesn't, i just never checked

• Administrators

too true! i never tested it but if you do a network monitor (Google Chrome -> inspect -> Network) does the JSON payload returned contain the password?

It hopefully doesn't, i just never checked

I haven't checked either actually so I don't know